LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW to control simoultaneously a camera and luxmeter (Minolta T-10A)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone

I'm totally new in the use of data acquisition software, but I found out I can use LabView to obtain continuous measurements (15-min intervals during 1 month or maybe more), the thing is that I need to obtain simoultanously images (Canon camera EOS) and Illuminance (lux) device: Minolta T-10A series multisensor T-10MA. My question is which LabVIEW software do I need to buy (or my institution actually) in order to get this. I've looking at the LabVIEW software options and cannot figure it out which one is needed. Afterwards I guess I need controllers for each of the devices (minolta and canon). Can you please advise me if this is possible and how to do it. I'd really appreciate it.

Steph.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,029 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cygnart

You need the following:  Full LabVIEW, all the Device Drivers (including DAQmx and the Vision drivers), and the Vision Acquisition Software package.  

The Minolta luxometer has a USB connector for a PC, and has some communication software (which I haven't inspected) that, I would guess, would enable you to take readings.  There's a comment about current draw if the USB cable is connected -- I didn't check if there is a power connector on the luxometer (since you'll need to leave it connected for a month, same issue with the Camera).  As far as the Camera is concerned, I have no idea if this is controllable from a PC -- my experience has been with video cameras (in the 640 x 480 pixel size), which definitely are LabVIEW-controllable.

As for taking simultaneous readings, this is something LabVIEW does quite nicely.  I would advise you to consult with a Professional if this is something other than a school project, maybe even hire someone for a few week's work.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 5
(4,002 Views)

Thank you so much! Your reply gets me started! I've checked that there is an Academic License for LabView, I just requested information to make sure that includes the software and drivers that you are mentioning. I'll also make sure about the power connection issues in both devices.

Thanks again!

Steh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,986 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cygnart

Yes, the Academic Kits (which is what we use) contain everything you need.  You might want to consider waiting two weeks for LabVIEW 2016 ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,953 Views)

Thank you so much for your help! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,926 Views)