Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW server

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I have a project to use LabVIEW as a server to do many tasks. What i want is:

LabView receive remote data from internet about a ECG.

LabView will also run an MatLab/Octave script to analysis the data.

This data will be available from remote access (internet).

This site need to have a basic username/password.

In this site, you can see all the ECG data from each pacient and also make a full analysis from all pacients (a basic statistically analysis about all the date).

I know its a complex task, but i just want to know what i have to study and see to do it. Is it possible to do just in LabView or i will need another software? What i should look more, what you reccommend?

I dont know if it will help to understand what i want, but i did a fast abstract at paint. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,159 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Dunno

Yes it can be done and it is involved. I would estimate about 3 of my man-months to do it the way I envision.

Start by brealing you r application down into its various parts and serach teh LV help files for examples that fit those parts.

You would be well served by taking the NI LV courses up through and including connectivity and architectures.

You should asl olearn about data bases and using same from LV.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 10
(3,151 Views)

I understand. Doing this in parts will be more easy to magane, i hope. I already have some knowledge in C (PIC family and basic DevC++) and i already have the script of ECG analysis. I will try to research about data bases and LV internet toolkit. 

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,148 Views)

This is a perfect and basic example of a use case for LabVIEW Web Services. I'll have someone post a simple example of how to do exactly what you are asking. It's just a few VIs, deployed as a RESTful Web Service.

The hardest part of this is the web-based thinclient access to the analyzed data. A thick client written as a LabVIEW app using the http VIs would be much easier, and would support simple login to your LabVIEW Web Service. The thin client is not difficult if basic login is not required to view the data. If it is required, you'll have a little more work to do as you'll have to implement your own basic login. Still very do-able, just more involved.

Message 4 of 10
(3,135 Views)

Dunno, what is your preferred version of LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,128 Views)

My college have a recent labview license. I think its 2011 but upgradable for 2012. It has a lot of stuff, but i dont have it right now. I'm using a evaluation version at home to reserch a little.

I already did a basic example of viewing a signal and saving it in a TDM file. I can open it in excel and works really fine. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,124 Views)

Dunno,

Here is an example project containing a web service that follows a similar pattern as the one you described:

1. A client uploads one or more TDMS files to Receive Data.vi by using a standard HTTP multipart/form-data post to http://<server>:8080/ECGDataProcessor/data

2. The waveform data is transferred to the Data Processor auxiliary VI for processing

3. A client retrieves the processed data using a standard HTTP get to http://<server>:8080/ECGDataProcessor/data

Your client could be, for example, a static HTML page or a VI using the HTTP client. To support log in, you will either need to use the HTTP client VIs with a user name and password, or write your own logic inside of the Access Data and Receive Data web method VIs. You can find more information in the LabVIEW help topic "Configuring Web Services Security". The included project already has configured GetECGData and SetECGData permissions.

Message 7 of 10
(3,081 Views)

I will take a really good look at this example. Probally will save me a lot of time 😄

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,076 Views)

Well, i'm having big trouble trying to understand all the logic behind the example above. Do you guys can tell me what method i can use to learn faster/better? I had never worked with labview before and i dont know a lot about TCP/IP, data transmission, etc. I just worked once with PIC comms (read byte, write byte)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,040 Views)

If you're new to LabVIEW  your best resource is http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/.  

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,016 Views)