LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW search for USB version 2.0 or 3.0?

Hello all,

Currently I am using Thorlabs camera which has USB 2.0 hub which works fine with USB 2.0 interface. But I connect it with USB 3.0 it’s not working.

Is there any possibility in LabVIEW, so I can search for weather my camera is plugged in USB 2.0 or 3.0 hub.

PS. my apologies if I post my query in wrong discussion forum.

BR

Tejas

Tejaskumar Patel | (CLD)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,212 Views)

In your software try to talk to the camera, if the connection doesn't work prompt the user that they might not have plugged it in, or may have plugged it into a USB 3.0 port.  Aside from that I'd suggest you look into the drivers on the PC, specifically the chipset drivers.  Maybe the drivers for your USB 3.0 ports aren't loaded properly because they are supposed to be backwards compatibile, and I've never seen a case where a USB 2.0 device would only work in a USB 2.0 port.  Heck most computers I've been using over the past couple of years don't have USB 2.0 ports, only 3.0.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,939 Views)

Thanks Brian for your reply.

DLL provided from company is not compatible with USB 3.0. So new version of camera comes with USB 3.0 and works fine. But old camera which has USB 2.0 is not working with 3.0. Theoretically USB 2.0 must work with 3.0. Correct me if I am wrong.

I will try your suggestion.

Thanks and Best Regards

Tejas

Tejaskumar Patel | (CLD)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,939 Views)