LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW proverbs!

@TheQ wrote:

You mentioned Mondrian and sparked my art geekiness.  Now my LabVIEW geekiness and art geekiness have combined to a whole new level of geekiness!

Mondian Code.png

Kind of reminds me of this:

mzlCidGZLWThoYoQ-COfj_w.jpg

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 261 of 305
(2,178 Views)
@UrsL wrote:

Where does Mondrian come from? I don't quite see his name in this thread. However I kind of like the Mondrian type BD... what does the code actually do ;-). Would be nice if it was drawn by itself.

Happy wireworks

Urs

Mondrian is the name of the artist. Wiki here.  I think it was something @Mellobuck or @LabBEAN said awhile ago about their BD being abstract art.  

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

0 Kudos
Message 262 of 305
(2,094 Views)

Here is the Code.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

0 Kudos
Message 263 of 305
(2,129 Views)
Wow. Sorry everyone. It kept crashing and telling me my post was not successful. I thought it was true because it didn't show up in the thread.

I wake up this morning to find I posted the same thing 8 times. I feel like a noob.
Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Message 264 of 305
(2,080 Views)

@TheQ wrote:
I wake up this morning to find I posted the same thing 8 times. I feel like a noob.

It wasn't your fault. I try to have it cleaned up...

(EDIT: I guess somebody already did...)

0 Kudos
Message 265 of 305
(2,019 Views)

In my Mom's garage I have an ancient Partidge Family metal lunchbox.  WITH Thermos!  When it's worth a gajillion dollars I plan on retiring.

Amateur programmer for over 10 years!
Message 266 of 305
(1,962 Views)

Per Paul_cardinale in this thread. Error 1 occured at Invoke Node

"Problems that go away by themselves come back by themselves."

Message 267 of 305
(1,786 Views)

A former boss of mine was trying to help out a program that was clearly going in the wrong direction.  He was giving great technical advice, and mentioning high risk items that needed more attention.  The program management generally ignored his advice and the program went in the tubes.  Not long after that his most quoted proverb was "Not my circus, not my monkeys".

Message 268 of 305
(1,747 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

A former boss of mine was trying to help out a program that was clearly going in the wrong direction.  He was giving great technical advice, and mentioning high risk items that needed more attention.  The program management generally ignored his advice and the program went in the tubes.  Not long after that his most quoted proverb was "Not my circus, not my monkeys".

Behind that link, it is that very familiar feeling, I feel that pain sometimes too 🙂 I really like this proverb, it mentally helps to "give it up", and try not to get involved/help in every projects you just run into 😄 But very often hard to resist the temptation to get involved, even if inside you know, you will regret this, haha.

One of these moments I remember, I was "near" a project which actually involved an interesting experiment, with lots of DAQ, vacuum chambers, motor actuators with vacuum feedthroughs, heating, etc... The guy at the software side was a "self-taught" LV "programmer", but the worse kind. Since I am always interested in LV projects, I had a short look when they were trying to solve some race condition problem, well it was not clear to them it was due to race conditions 🙂 The code was bleeding from stacked sequence structures, and global variables everywhere in read and write mode too... I just had a question: "hmm, here you might could consider using a FGV"...response: "FGV sucks, I never use them!"...

Ok, this was the moment, when I said inside: "Not my **bleep**, have fun guys!" 😄

Message 269 of 305
(1,718 Views)

"LabVIEW a day, keeps the sanity away"....   Smiley Very Happy

Message 270 of 305
(1,626 Views)