From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW proverbs!

Message 241 of 305
(2,699 Views)

From very early in the thread

N = [S*S*T/(D*P)] + 1

I actually had that equasion on my white board and discovered a way to create bug-free code..... 

"Produce no code"  I will not attribute that to the original author for various reasons.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 242 of 305
(2,619 Views)

"Why" questions are the hardest to answer but most enlightening.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 243 of 305
(2,545 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

From very early in the thread

N = [S*S*T/(D*P)] + 1

I actually had that equasion on my white board and discovered a way to create bug-free code..... 

"Produce no code"  I will not attribute that to the original author for various reasons. 

I don't want you to go out of business for not writing code so I will reveal my solution to this problem. All you need to do is develop your application and run this VI to fix your bugs.

Debug VI.png

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 244 of 305
(2,485 Views)

While getting screen shots for a NI Week Paper I observed....

The problem with getting screen shots of status bars is…

If you get distracted for a minute you find yourself asking “why is the program hung?”

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 245 of 305
(2,391 Views)

I've had this in my signature for a while, but didn't know there was a thread like this for it!

I thought of this in reference to people coding complicated, roundabout ways of passing data around (usually involving too many variables) or just not cleaning up their wires.

----- > The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire > -----

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 246 of 305
(2,260 Views)

@Ben wrote:

If you get distracted for a minute you find yourself asking “why is the program hung?”

I would do this on purpose to my mom as a prank when I was younger.  I'd press print screen, paste it into MSPaint, then remove the tools bar, and menu bar and make it full screen.  Then set the real task bar to auto-hide.  The result was my mother wondering why her mouse turned into a pencil, and then would start drawing on the screenshot.

Message 247 of 305
(2,245 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@Ben wrote:

I would do this on purpose to my mom as a prank when I was younger.  I'd press print screen, paste it into MSPaint, then remove the tools bar, and menu bar and make it full screen.  Then set the real task bar to auto-hide.  The result was my mother wondering why her mouse turned into a pencil, and then would start drawing on the screenshot.

Similarly, I used to take a screenshot of the desktop and set it as the background, move all of the icons somewhere else, hide the toolbar, and watch my dad try to figure out why the computer was frozen even after a restart.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 248 of 305
(2,237 Views)

Just came up with a new one:

Express VIs will get you started, but don't expect to go far with them

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 249 of 305
(2,053 Views)

How about "Express VIs equals LabVIEW Lite"?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 250 of 305
(2,026 Views)