LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW on Linux issues with bookkeep.cpp

Solved!
Go to solution

I've recently installed LabVIEW 8.2 on a Linux system. I have a LabVIEW program I want to run. The program has been confirmed to work on other Linux systems with the same version of LabVIEW.

However, when I attempt to start the program, LabVIEW will display the front panel for a split second before exiting without prompting. The next time I start LabVIEW, it gives me the error message indicating that bookkeep.cpp has crashed at line 853. What does this mean? Are there any known workarounds for this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,502 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,441 Views)

I've viewed that thread. The problem is it doesn't specify why the program crashed at that line specifically. Also to note, the SubVIs of my program cannot be altered in anyway before porting.

The issue is even more confounding as 8.2 installations on other Linux based computers on-site all run the program fine. It leads me to assume that it is a problem with the way the program is initialized or how LabVIEW is setup on my machine specifically.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,431 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author darktongue

I seem to have fixed the problem.

Two SubVIs contained TCP write/read blocks from the TCP palette. I deleted them, transferred the VIs to Linux, and manually added them there. Loads fine now.

Message 4 of 4
(2,421 Views)