LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW load error code 1: LabVIEW load error code %Id: %p

One of my VI crashed while trying to save some data to file, I then tried to save the VI afterwards, but message with Out of Memory popped up again and the IV closed down. So now I can´t open my VI, then I try I get the "LabVIEW load error code 1: LabVIEW load error code %Id: %p" message and I have been given no opportunity to recover an older version of the VI then I close down and open LabVIEW again!!! So my VI is lost or what?

This is a huge problem for me, hope someone can help...

Regards

Jesper

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(5,387 Views)

Hi Jesper

LabVIEW load error code 1, means that you have a curropted VI. The load error code 1 is a rare error and often it is impossible to recover (In contrast to load error code 3 that very often can be solved by the National Instruments Technical Support). You are welcome to try to upload your VI to this forum post and I will try to recover it for you.

From LabVIEW 2012 the possibility of this problem is removed by introducing a new method for saving VI's. But untill that, if you work on bigger projects I would recommend looking at a Source Code Control (SCC) integration with LabVIEW. This makes it possible to select "restore to previous version" on a VI, and in your case this could have saved you for a lot of trouble.

Best Regards

Anders Rohde

Applications Engineer

National Instruments Denmark

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(5,354 Views)

Hi Anders

I´ve uploaded the broken VI hope you can recover it...

Best Regards

Jesper

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(5,351 Views)

Hi Anders

It is crashing again now... All of the VI´s I have open when the program is out of memory have a code 1 error now!!! This is a huge problem, I can´t start them again, its really difficult to work with LabVIEW if I dont know when it´s gonna erase a VI that I allready saved before!! You havn´t got an application or update that I can download to solve this problem for LabVIEW 2011?

Regards

Jesper

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(5,338 Views)

Hi Jesper

Unfortnuatly there is no possibility to change the method LabVIEW saves a VI at the moment, we need to wait untill LabVIEW 2012 for this feature. To be able to restore a broken VI only thing I can recommend is to use the Source Code Control tools as mentioned in my previous post.

Though you can apply to the LabVIEW 2012 beta program and see if this changes the behaviour:

LabVIEW Beta Program

http://digital.ni.com/betaprogram/mainbetacust.nsf/main.htm

If I was the one expirencing this error I would use my powers on localizing the error in the VI. Why does your application run out of memory? Are you trying to read/write a very large array to LabVIEW from a file og image?

Best Regards,

Anders Rohde

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(5,331 Views)

The following link should help you in the direction of solving the memory full error:

Why do I get "Memory is Full" Error in LabVIEW?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C3C516C11184AF3F862571B5006B46E1

Best Regards,

Anders Rohde

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(5,325 Views)

Hi Anders

I know why the program is out of memory. It is because I run very large files (no pics though), but I can and will not cut these files. I have never had the problem of LabVIEW destroying my IV if it is out of memory in the older versions... Think you (National Instruments) should make an update or add that easily make sure this doesnt happen in LabVIEW 2011. I guess im not the first with this problem and will not be the last either.

Now to solve my problem in the future I guess I have to make a source code control. I tried to find out how this works but it seems complicated. Is it possible for you to post/attach a simple IV that does this so I can copy it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(5,313 Views)

Hi Jesper

For the future you should be good with LabVIEW 2012 (Normally realeased after NI Week in Austin in beginning of August). From what I know about this problem it have not been mentioned to be solved in a fixpack before release of LabVIEW 2012.

If you are reading in large files that uses more memory than avaliable and do wan't to avoid LabVIEW from crashing then you could add more RAM to your PC. If you are using Windows 32-bit you could try to edit the boot.ini file for Windows to allow Windows to allocate more memory to LabVIEW as explained in the following article:

Extending Virtual Memory Usage for 32-bit Windows

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/enable_lrg_ad_aware/

You could also try upgrading to Windows 64-bit this will allow much larger memory operations, and Windows 64-bit will let LabVIEW allocate more memory.

To use Source Code Control on your computer you will need:

1) A Source Code Control server with space to store the backup VI's and previous versions on (this can be your own PC). All Source Code Control providers that follow the Microsoft Source Code Control API. We have a list of tools that we have been tested that can be found here (note that some is free and other is not):

Which Third-Party Source Control Providers Can I Use with LabVIEW 8.0 and later?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/26EC5904169430CE8625706E00743997?OpenDocument

2) After installing the server you need to configure LabVIEW to communicate with this server. In the article below under the section "Configuring LabVIEW to Call the Microsoft SCC API" you can see how to do this:

Software Configuration Management and LabVIEW

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4114

3) You are good to go. Source Code Control uses the two most know functions "Commit / Check out." When you Check out a document you will be able to edit it, and when you then commit the changes then it will be saved with a new version number on the server. For each commit you will be able to select "Revert to previous version" to go back and restore a previous commited VI. You can use these functions on the VI it self or as I prefer from the Project Explorer.

Bisides the advantage of being able  to restore previous versions, Source Code Control is also a great tool if your are multiple users working on the same project. You will i.e. be able to be 2 or more developers working on the same VI at the same time and then merging your changes to one VI when you are finished.

Best Regards

Anders Rohde

Applications Engineer

Message 8 of 17
(5,308 Views)

I also have a LabVIEW 2011 SP1 Pro VI that crashed while reading a PNRF file.  Is it possible for NI to recover it?  I have paid for the annual software services if I should use that resource instead.  I have attached the file.

Thank you for your time and attention,

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(5,291 Views)

Hi Ron

Please send the VI to your local National Instruments Technical Support department by going to www.ni.com/support and create a service request, they will be able to direct it to the right ressources.

Best Regards

Anders

Message 10 of 17
(5,288 Views)