LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW license enquiry

Hello,

I would like to get some details regarding NI license programs available.

What are the available license programs and what would be best for a company with 3 to 4 labView users?

Can we have computer based license on 4 computers?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,329 Views)

Hi kdm,

why don't you discuss this with your local NI sales guy?

Can we have computer based license on 4 computers?

How should that work? When a license is based on a specific computer you cannot distribute it on 4 different computers…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,325 Views)

GerdW: Typically (e.g. in other applications) you can get user licences, which allow one person to use the software at any time on any computer, or you can get computer licences where the licence is tied to the computer, so anyone using the computer can use the licence.

Apparently LabVIEW is the same as well: http://www.ni.com/license/licensing_options.htm

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 3 of 9
(3,318 Views)

Hi Gerd,

I meant computer based license for each of the four computers.

The reason why I posted this topic on the forum is that industrialists or CEOs of startups could be on this forum and as per experience they would know the best program for 3 to 4 labview users. Also an NI sales guy could be on the forum or any other person who knows about this could answer.

P.S   I prefer posting on discussion forums to talking over the phone, as I get fast replies and I am an introvert! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,304 Views)

P.S   I prefer posting on discussion forums to talking over the phone, as I get fast replies and I am an introvert! :smileywink:

Totally agree! - but this is one of those instances where you'd be best to pick up the phone or email your local NI Sales Rep. They are the ones best placed to discuss you requirements/options/pricing.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,300 Views)

Got it.

I agree. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,297 Views)

Hi kdm,

there is just one software supplier (NI) and several customers ("startup CEOs", small companies, big companies, single person companies, ...).

You want to ask those customers about their license fee. What answer do you expect?

They all might have discussed with their local sales rep and they all might have got a discount because of additional hardware or software purchase. The numbers you get will not have any meaning as long as you don't know all the other contract deals. And even then the prices might differ due to currency exchange rates…

It would be far more better when you discuss with your local sales rep about your needs to get a personal offer!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,285 Views)

@kdm7 wrote:

[...] P.S   I prefer posting on discussion forums to talking over the phone, as I get fast replies and I am an introvert! Smiley Wink

How do you tell an extroverted engineer from an introverted one?

Spoiler

The extroverted engineer looks at your shoes when he's talking to you.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,282 Views)

Hi Jim,

that could be from some Scott Adams strip… 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,280 Views)