LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW getting started module # 4 block diagram components question

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, Can any one answer the question in the below link from LabVIEW getting started module # 4 block diagram components question. I tried all kind of possibilities but no luck. http://www.learnni.com/getting-started/Home/Index/23

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,641 Views)

There are no questions on that link. Show is a screenshot of how you try yo place the labels and we will tell you what you are doing wrong.

Yes, I agree it is not clear how and where to place these oversized labels in relation to the block diagram components. I could not get it to accept my solution either. 😮

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,624 Views)

Hey Falcon6th.

Thanks for the inquiry. LearnNI.com is a legacy tutorial series, developed in 2014. While the technical information remains correct, some of the interactive functionality, like this exercise, may have become broken through system updates.

I recommend skipping this exercise. 

Best Regards,

Nathanael Letchford

Certified LabVIEW Architect | Certified TestStand Developer

Staff Certification Engineer | Global Customer Education

National Instruments

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,557 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author falcon6th

So it is technically possible.

2018-01-10 21_27_53-Index.png

I may not have learned anything new in LabVIEW but I did learn a bit about using the Chrome DevTools. Turns out if you look at the different elements on the page the "matching components" which you are supposed to drag the block diagram terms onto are there, they are just not visible.

BDQuestion.gif

When you drop a label on one of these boxes it checks to see if that label is placed correctly and updates a local variable. Of course there is no visual feedback that you dropped anything correctly so I had to check the variables from the console using console.log(correctOne) [actually the variable name]. From messing around it looks like you have to have the center of the label in the middle of the highlighted boxes. If there is a better way to watch locals let me know.

This post has nothing to do with LabVIEW, I just decided to post because I was excited I figured it out. I did learn something too so I guess it wasn't a complete waste of time either.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 4 of 7
(3,530 Views)

Thanks 🙏 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,492 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

There are no questions on that link. Show is a screenshot of how you try yo place the labels and we will tell you what you are doing wrong.

Yes, I agree it is not clear how and where to place these oversized labels in relation to the block diagram components. I could not get it to accept my solution either. 😮

Thanks 🙏 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,489 Views)

Thanks. got it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,469 Views)