LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW for Mac

My boss has purchase two mini-Macs for my serial interface instruments.
I’m a PC-girl and totally new to Mac so I wonder if the same LabVIEW license will do or if we need to get a new (Penn State University)?
Since the Macs don’t have a serial port I also wonder what type of conversion (cable, brand etc) you suggest for the USB to serial conversion.
Can I transfer my previous VISA applications for communication without much trouble?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,236 Views)
If Penn State has the Academic version of the LabVIEW Developer suite, you should have a copy of the Mac version of LabVIEW. That can be installed using the same serial number as the Windows version.

If they do not have the academic version, you will need to get another (actually two if you develop on both laptops) license for the Mac version of LabVIEW.

As for USB to RS-232, NI does make several of these devices. I’ve never had a problem with them. There are several other companies that make them as well, but I have not used any others, so I cannot comment on them.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 2 of 2
(2,229 Views)