LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW for Everyone, 3rd edition is now shipping!

Congrats Jim!
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 37
(2,629 Views)
Everyone: I just wanted to let you know that I have posted PDFs of the Preface and Table of Contents on the http://labviewforeveryone.com site. Hopefully this will help you see what's new, before you lay down your cash biggrin.gif
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 37
(2,575 Views)
Cool Jim.  As an FYI, it might help your google ranking and such if your HTML had a <TITLE> tag in there.  Right now the page is untitled.

berto
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 37
(2,536 Views)

@Berto wrote:
Cool Jim.  As an FYI, it might help your google ranking and such if your HTML had a <TITLE> tag in there.  Right now the page is untitled.

berto

Berto: Thanks.  I've updated the page title.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 37
(2,535 Views)
I actually took the class from Jeffrey a couple of years ago at my place of employment. Jeffrey travelled all the way from Austin just to teach the class. Say hello to him on my behalf if you see him.

Otman Estrada
Space & Airborne Systems
Raytheon Company
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 37
(2,523 Views)
Jim,

I took a look into the table of contents, one point I was missing (or overlooked?) is the new project organisation of LV8, is this covered ? 

However, I ordered 'mine' ...   my last printed book I read about LV were the LV3.1 manual and Function reference .. time for an update.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 37
(2,518 Views)

@Otman wrote:
I actually took the class from Jeffrey a couple of years ago at my place of employment. Jeffrey travelled all the way from Austin just to teach the class. Say hello to him on my behalf if you see him.

Otman Estrada
Space & Airborne Systems
Raytheon Company

Otman: I'll let Jeffrey know that you said hello 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 37
(2,499 Views)

@Henrik Volkers wrote:
Jim,

I took a look into the table of contents, one point I was missing (or overlooked?) is the new project organisation of LV8, is this covered ? 

However, I ordered 'mine' ...   my last printed book I read about LV were the LV3.1 manual and Function reference .. time for an update.

Henrik: Yes, the LabVIEW project environment is covered in chapter 3 (Section 3: LabVIEW Projects).  I hope you enjoy the book 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 37
(2,497 Views)

Very nice Jim.

I'll have to look up the book. 

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 37
(2,470 Views)
I'm in the market for a LV8 book.  I've noticed that there are currently 3 available:  LV for Everyone by Travis & Kring, LV Graphical Programming by Johnson & Jennings, and LV8 Student Edition by NI & Biship.  Can anyone give an unbiased comparison between these three or simply recommend the best one for CLD preparation?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 37
(2,459 Views)