From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW for Everyone, 3rd edition is now shipping!

Hello All,

I wanted to let everyone know that the third edition of LabVIEW for Everyone is now in print and shipping from booksellers everywhere!

IPB Image

This third edition has been fully updated for LabVIEW 8 and has **doubled in size** (it's now almost 1000 pages -- wheel barrow not included), due to a very large amount of new material. And, it now comes in hard cover!

I trust that you will find this to be an extremely valuable resource whether you're new to LabVIEW, a seasoned veteran, a member of the LabVIEW R&D team at NI, a college student in a lab course using LabVIEW, or an instructor teaching LabVIEW to students. Yes, LabVIEW for Everyone is for... well... everyone 🙂

Instructors: If you are considering using LabVIEW for Everyone as a reference book for your course, please contact me for information about how to apply for a complimentary evaluation copy.

Best Regards,
Message 1 of 37
(6,911 Views)
Are there the PDF?tell me !
" 一天到晚游泳的鱼"

labview@263.net

我的个人网站:LabVIEW——北方客栈 http://www.labview365.com
欢迎加入《LabVIEW编程思想》组——http://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/thinking-in-labview
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 37
(6,875 Views)
Hi Jim my Mentor,

I have allready order my copy and it will be coming this week ,From uk I am in Germany,I have the second edition and was very usefull when I did my CLAD Exam I hope this one will help me in my CLD Exam which I will be taking soon.
So Good job My MENTOR.

Ohiofudu
CLAD
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 37
(6,869 Views)

@ohiofudu wrote:
Hi Jim my Mentor,

I have allready order my copy and it will be coming this week ,From uk I am in Germany,I have the second edition and was very usefull when I did my CLAD Exam I hope this one will help me in my CLD Exam which I will be taking soon.
So Good job My MENTOR.

Ohiofudu
CLAD

ohiofudu,

I am very honored by your kind words.

Yes, the third edition should be VERY useful as you study for the CLD exam.  First, we put CLD callouts in the margins, next to key material that is covered on the CLD exam.  Second, we have an appendix that describes the certification process and includes some tips that should help you pass the exam.  Finally, we've included sample exams and other certification program information on the CDROM that is included with the book.

(CLD Callout Icon)

Cheer,

-Jim

Message Edited by Jim Kring on 08-14-2006 09:12 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 37
(6,827 Views)
I had a chance to flip through it at NI-Week. The book looks great. I highly recommend it to anyone using LabVIEW. 😄
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 37
(6,820 Views)

@jwdz wrote:
Are there the PDF?tell me !

LabVIEW for Everyone should be available on O'REILLY Safari, pretty soon.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 37
(6,816 Views)
The first edition was my LV tutorial back in '97/98. One of the few times I actually sat down and read a "how-to" book from cover to cover. We are now upgrading to 8.0/8.2 and ordered 2 copies of this book to help us along. I hear it also has specific tips on material for CLD certification. And it's cheaper from the publisher than it is from Amazon. (?) 

PaulG.
PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 37
(6,807 Views)

I'm looking forward to getting my copy I pre-ordered months ago.  Since I will use it heavily to study for my CLD cert, I am really curious about how far it can get me toward what I need to know for the test?  Would it still be a good idea to take the NI intermediate courses?  Or maybe just get the course materials (to save myself a ton of money and a week of vacation)?  I'm leaning heavily toward the book learnin' route.  I passed the CLAD after going through the Basics 1 & 2 CBTs and playing around with coding on my own.  But, I know the CLD is quite a bit more involved.  The one idea I like about taking the live classes is that I have a bunch of miscellaneous coding questions in the back of my mind that I am assuming I would be able to find time to ask the instructor?  I'll definitely put a lot of weight on any responses I get.

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 37
(6,792 Views)

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

It just hit my desk a few moments ago .... now I'm REALLY not going to get any "real" work done today.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

PaulG.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 37
(6,784 Views)

@drs Engineer wrote:

I'm looking forward to getting my copy I pre-ordered months ago.  Since I will use it heavily to study for my CLD cert, I am really curious about how far it can get me toward what I need to know for the test?  Would it still be a good idea to take the NI intermediate courses?  Or maybe just get the course materials (to save myself a ton of money and a week of vacation)?  I'm leaning heavily toward the book learnin' route.  I passed the CLAD after going through the Basics 1 & 2 CBTs and playing around with coding on my own.  But, I know the CLD is quite a bit more involved.  The one idea I like about taking the live classes is that I have a bunch of miscellaneous coding questions in the back of my mind that I am assuming I would be able to find time to ask the instructor?  I'll definitely put a lot of weight on any responses I get.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad,

As I mention in the LabVIEW Certification Exams appendix of the book, the most important aspect of passing the CLD is developing a working solution (VI) to the exam question, which satesfies all of the stated requirements.  You will need to be very comfortable with some form of state machine or queued message handler (discussed in Ch13) and how to utilize on of these design patterns to quickly develop a working application that includes both user interface and logical/functional components.  Practice taking the sample exams (included on the book's CDROM) several times.  Time yourself to make sure that you can complete the test within the four (4) hour time frame.

Best of Luck,

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 37
(6,787 Views)