From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW error "data.cpp" line 2951

Trying to enter the Labview menue "VI-settings" (Strg-I) LabVIEW crashes, generating the error message "data.cpp" line 2951. How can I solve the problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,357 Views)

@Alan Scheef wrote:
Trying to enter the Labview menue "VI-settings" (Strg-I) LabVIEW crashes, generating the error message "data.cpp" line 2951. How can I solve the problem?

Any chance you have a bad setup of your default printer or such? LabVIEW seems to query the default printer when it opens that dialog and a bad printer setup can either lead to very long delays or even a crash when opening this dialog.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Message Edited by rolfk on 06-21-2005 08:29 AM

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,353 Views)
No way. The cause for the crash must be in the source code of the VI. Is there any error-list, where I can find the specified error-message (data.cpp line 2951)???
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,342 Views)
http://www.ni.com/support/failure/

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 4 of 10
(3,338 Views)
Try copy/paste of the entire block diagram to a new VI, save that VI, then invoke VI Properties.

If that works, you can rename your original VI to CrashWhenOpenVIProperties.vi and then rename your new one to the original name. If there is information in the VI Properties of the corrupted VI that you need to get at, you can probably retrieve it via other means (print, property node reads, etc.).

If you have any idea on what you did to get into this state, please report it. (I doubt that you do or you would have said so already.)

Roy
Message 5 of 10
(3,327 Views)
I did this already. The so created VI crashed, too. I successivly tried different procedures until I found the solution, which was very easy. Before entering the menue "VI settings" I have to start the VI; after stopping it, I can enter the desired menue without problems. Now I'm sure that the problem is caused by the LabVIEW environment.
Thanks for supporting me!!!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,323 Views)
If you will attach a VI that duplicates the problem, we can look at it here. I'm confident we can come up with a procedure to get your VI "fixed"; i.e. so you don't have to use your workaround to get to VI Properties.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,310 Views)
Here is a small cut-out of the original application source code, which acts like the original (5,5 MB source)concerning the error code.
Have much fun and thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,297 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

@Alan Scheef wrote:

Any chance you have a bad setup of your default printer or such? LabVIEW seems to query the default printer when it opens that dialog and a bad printer setup can either lead to very long delays or even a crash when opening this dialog.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Message Edited by rolfk on 06-21-2005 08:29 AM

This is really good information... I knew that there had to be a network access reason why the appearance of this dialog can hang sometimes for 5-10 seconds. This is horrible when making several repeated adjustments to a VI's appearance or documentation... it would be nice if the network-accessing functionality was removed, or if not removed entirely, at least moved to only the appropriate tab or whatever so it wouldn't hang the dialog every time I hit Ctrl+I.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,287 Views)
This opens fine for me: No errors. I also access the VI properties (Ctrl+I) and receive no errors (without even running the VI first like you said you had to).

Message Edited by m3nth on 06-24-2005 07:20 AM

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,288 Views)