LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW claiming that VI is not a member of the class

Has anyone seen this before? The LV seems to be claiming that his VI is not a member of the class despite the fact that it clearly is.  Any thoughts?

class problems.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,999 Views)

The times I have seen that is when I disconnect from the library without the library being open or when copying a library.  The fix for me has been to delete the function from the library, save the library, and then add the VI back into it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,993 Views)

Class or library membership is a two-way information.  The library / Class must know of the VI and the VI must knof of the library / class.

If either of these two links is missing, weird things can happen.  I get this after LabVIEW IDE crashes (where I have saved a member VI but not the class before the crash).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,947 Views)

So, this answer is not particularly helpful.  What did you do to fix this?  The way a class knows that a method is a member is through the .lvclass file (an xml file).  If it is present in the .lvclass file, then the class would seem to be saying that it is a member.  How does a method know that it is a member class?  Is there a setting in the class method?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,924 Views)

@cirrusio wrote:

What did you do to fix this?

Did you not read my first post?  The fix for me has been to delete the function from the library, save the library, and then add the VI back into it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,913 Views)

I believe this is what I ultimately did.  Would be nice to understand why this happens as it is unique to LV.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,895 Views)