LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW cannot acquire signal suddenly

I wrote a program which should acquire analog sigal from NI 6008. The labview version is 8.0, the operating system is windows xp, the peak of analog signal is 10 volt. The program worked normally initially, but when I tried to test it afternoon,  it did not work without any warning. After I changed the computer, it worked again, but it did not worked later. I felt very confused. I cannot believe it is computer problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,816 Views)

Hi Mike,

I felt very confused.

I feel confused too!

There is a problem with your VI and your hardware, but you aren't willing to share your VI…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,811 Views)

So you have code for a decade-old version of LabVIEW, running on a computer with an Operating System that has been out of support for several years (our place won't allow PCs with Windows XP to connect to the network), you are using "legacy" hardware on code which seems to "sometimes" run and then fail, and you "don't believe it is computer problem".

I respect your opinion.  While problems of this sort are usually "hardware" or "software", they could also be "colossal Bad Luck" or "Too many obsolete systems interacting to help the entire enterprise fail".  If I had to guess, however, I would start with the (unknown-to-us) LabVIEW code that you are trying to run.

If you want our opinions on this code, attach the VI (or VIs).  Do not waste our time sending pictures of Block Diagrams, please.  Note if you have many VIs to share, the easiest way to do that is to put them in a folder, compress the Folder into a Zip file, and attach that single file.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,770 Views)

I fixed the problem, but I still do not know why.The problem is device name.  I set USB 6008 as Dev1 in auto&meas, the code identified the device as Dev1 initially, but later as Dev2. Finally I changed the device name as Dev2 in auto&meas and resolved the problem, but did not know how to change the device name in the code.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,751 Views)

@Mike_Wu wrote:

but did not know how to change the device name in the code.

If you post your code, we might be able to help.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,737 Views)