LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW cRIO Remote Programming through SSH Tunnel

I am not so clear if this question has been already answered in these terms, so i am sorry if i am creating a duplicate, which i will promptly delete if this is the case.

Suppose i have a remote computer inside a very limited jobsite LAN with a cRIO host-crio, a Linux basic server host-srv, and an lab Windows machine host-lab with LabVIEW installed, and required server functionalities such as SSH, Telnet, etc. 

At host-crio, I can access both host-crio and host-srv devices through a reverse SSH tunneling for remote port forwarding, that is, by first enabling the tunnel from host-crio side to host-lab with:

$ ssh -R 40022:localhost:22 user-host-lab@host-lab

and then establishing the connection from host-lab to host-crio with:

$ ssh -p 40022 user-host-crio@localhost

Through this tunneling technique, the host-crio connects to the host-lab through the port 40022 for downloading files and command line configurations. 

Question is: How I should configure the LabVIEW Project Explorer, for adding the remote target host-crio, by looking a local port, in this case the 40022 at host-lab, through SSH, or actually, using any other protocol, for modifying VI files from the lab, where all the licences are installed?

At this moment, the solution is carrying the machine to jobsite at every moment?.  Is there a protocol for such communication?. I am normally proficient in Linux and network techniques, but i lack of the enough LabVIEW handling for knowing its best choices for remote supporting.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,430 Views)