LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW applications do not shut down on tablet PC

We have a number of Acer Travelmate C300 tablet laptops that all share the same problem when running LabVIEW applications (Run-time 7.0 and 7.1 tested); the application processes remain (toggling between Not responding and responding in the task manager) after the applications have been quit.

The problem does not occur on any other PCs (hundreds of different stationary and portables have been tested, other laptops from Acer as well (not tablets though)).

Has anyone seen this too, and/or know what causes it? The laptops do not seem to have problems with any other applications, only LabVIEW based apps.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,511 Views)
Have you found a workaround for this? I have a similar problem (Acer with Tablet XP SP2, SP1 is OK).
As a quick and dirty solution, on termination I run an external batch file that kills my program.
This looks rather unprofessional, but for now I have no other solution.

Best regards

Paolo Grignani
Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,465 Views)
We have experienced an issue with LabView 7.1 apps on Tablet XP SP2. The quick fix is to call "TASKKILL" in our script after the VI closes. MicroSoft said this was to have been fixed in SP2? About all i can tell you right now.
D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,401 Views)