LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW application with cameras

Hello,

I have build an application with LabVIEW and I am using two GigE cameras. In NI MAX, I set the names cam0 and cam1 respectively.

Everything is working properly in the computer where I have build the application, when I execute it but when I  execute the application in a different computer (that doesnt have LabVIEW installed, just VAS, Vision RTE and RTE), the application executes but the cameras dont show images.

It seems that the application doenst recognize the name and doesnt open the cameras...(I have set the same name as in the other computer: cam0 and cam1)

Any help?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,003 Views)

On the other computer can you see the Cameras in MAX? The names are local to the computer and don't transfer from one computer to the next. It's also possible you left out something out of the VAS install. Check the software section in MAX as well to ensure you have everything.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,988 Views)

Make sure the Vision RTE has an active License, at RT license is required for vision.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,965 Views)

Yes, the cameras are displayed correctly in NI MAX in both computers and with the same names: cam0 and cam1. All the software is installed and with license.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,960 Views)

If you can see the images in MAX but not your app, that points to an app error.

What happens when you run the EXE on the development computer? Do you get images?

Surely one of the aquisition VIs or something is throwing an error. Are you correctly passing errors around? Maybe there's an error opening a config file you forgot to put on your RTE computer.

Also, when you say you can't see the images, are they black or gray or what?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,953 Views)

Yes, in the development compueter everything is working fine. On the RTE computer, the application executes, but doesn't open the cameras. I have not link the errors wires in the program, should I?  It seems that the ID of the cameras changes (because the name is still the same).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,949 Views)

Yes, we will debug this much faster if we know what component is thowing the error.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,947 Views)

The images are black. I have connected the errors and I have place an indicator at the end, but no error is displayed at the RTE computer.

I am trying to attach the .vi for you, I think that it would be easier, but I can't: "The content of the file doesn't match with the type".

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,921 Views)

zip the vi file or try to use another browser.

Sometimes that help in attaching files to the forum posts.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,896 Views)

Is the black image the right height and width? It's possible the camera settings are not right on the RTE computer and the exposure is too short. You can sometimes diagnose this with a really bright light and selecting the rainbow pallet on your image display.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,875 Views)