From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW app on OS with Right to Left writing

Colleagues,

Just curious - is it possible to "localize" LabVIEW application to "Right to Left" OS (Arabic, for example)?:

arabian.png

as you can see - minimize/maximize/close buttons and the Title are "swapped" on such OS.

Also menu bar should be on the right side.

Is it possible to get such "look and feel" for LabVIEW-based app (without huge work with building own buttons etc)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,251 Views)

I never noticed that the direction of LV windows is reversed, but that's probably because I work on an English OS and we mandate the same for most of the systems we deploy. I expect that Windows allows apps to override the system default when creating windows and that this is what LV does. I don't know if there are API calls which would allow you to modify that and I wouldn't recommend calling them even if they do exist.

In any case, if I were you I would be worried less about that and more about how the text is going to look when it has non-RTL content in it and what to do if you want to let users enter their own text. In my experience that's the real problem.

(2,230 Views)