LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW and Animated GIFs - is resizing them possible?

Hey folks,

As the title suggests, I have a bunch of gifs in a directory structure that I wanted to put together some nested loops to have LV navigate the structure and resize each gif if it is greater than a given file size- I don't need to view the gif in LV, but I do need the gif to work in other apps after it's been resized- Does anyone have experience with this type of operation?  

I'm not looking for code, but if you could point me in the right direction I'd very much appreciate it! kudos for any info...

Thanks!

-pat

ps- using LV 2011....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,695 Views)

Hi,

there does exit a "Write GIF File.vi" in Labview>vi.lib>picture>gif.llb, but as it is protected you can't look on the block diagram;

but here is an unprotected "read from gif.vi" in Labview 71. The VIs work in LabView 2012 Sp1.

You can address each frame of an animated gif via "image index", I tested this feature with http://i.imgur.com/UmpOi.gif

Regards,
Alex

Message 2 of 4
(2,686 Views)
Message 3 of 4
(2,681 Views)

Thank you very much! I will be getting to this later tonight but right now I'm struggling to even get my new install of LV at home to match my prefs at work.... 

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,665 Views)