From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW & MVTec Halcon

Solved!
Go to solution

sumeeth

Have you tried to use .NET or ActiveX interfaces of HALCON in LabVIEW? What kind of DLL do you need for your app? Which device you're going to grab image data from (real camera / framegrabber or virtual one)? Do you have any test VIs you are working on?

Right now there are more questions than answers.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 63
(7,036 Views)

halcon.net.dll is using to grab image from camera but i dont lknow how should i use those dll

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 63
(7,029 Views)

i have created a VI to capture an image, how should i compare the 2 image in lab view using halcon.dll

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 63
(7,022 Views)

sumeeth

So, my conclusion is that you're going to use .NET libraries to communicate with HALCON in LabVIEW. Then you should use halcondotnet.dll, located in C:\Program Files\MVTec\HALCON-[version]\bin\dotnet35 folder. I guess you already have working code made in HDevelop environment. To translate that code to LV you should be aware of using .NET nodes such as constructor, property / invoke node / close reference. Start with object constructor node from Connectivity -> .NET palette. Place it on BD and do RMB -> Select Constructor on it. Then you locate your library and choose an object you are going to create such as HFramegrabber or any other according to your code. After that you place Property / Invoke Nodes and connect them to your constructor. In these Property / Invoke Nodes you should select a property or method to apply to your object such s GrabImage() or similar. After you have finished with that object you should dispose it with Close Reference. That's pretty simple if you try.

HALCON also provides simple graphic window to visualize your images. It could be created by placing .NET container on FP, choosing halcondotnet assembly and HWindowControl object from it. After that you're able to output any HALCON images to this control with the help of Property / Invoke Nodes,

Please, take a look at the manuals shipped with HALCON, which are located at C:\Program Files\MVTec\HALCON-[version]\doc\pdf\manuals folder, e.g. programmers_guide.pdf and especially Part IV Programming with HALCON/.NET section.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 63
(7,019 Views)

sumeeth

First, make working code for image comparison in HDevelop program. Second, after you're satisfied with it, you have to translate the code to LV using .NET assemblies. Now I cannot offer you some samples of image comparison through HALCON in LV but you could experiment with it.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 63
(7,017 Views)

Thanq so much

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 63
(6,984 Views)

I face same problem when I create dll of halcon function in visual studio and call that dll in LabVIEW by using call library function by node . Function work properly but LabVIEW goes in not responding mode

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 63
(6,554 Views)

Please help me to find solution of this problem

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 63
(6,553 Views)

@MTrivedi wrote:

Please help me to find solution of this problem

Have you tried calling set_system('thread_pool', 'false') in the end of your program? That should work for sure.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 63
(6,536 Views)

Yes I tried it but didn't work

Will please tell me where exactly place it

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 63
(6,531 Views)