cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW XY graph point style bug

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a XY graph showing two or more signals

I have seleced a circular point for the data poins of the first signal.

When I try and select te same point for the second second, it shows up as at diamond with an open space in the middle.

Bug?

LV 2011 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,540 Views)

Hi,

Can you post your VI and some screen shots of the issue?

-CC 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome!"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,536 Views)

Graph bug.PNG

I set the same point (top row, third point) for both signals and from the picture you see the result. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,528 Views)

Here is a larger image where I also made the fitted graphs invisible.

It seems it's the yellow signal which is lacking the empty spot in the midde. Instead it has a X in the middle of the point.

Graph bug.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,509 Views)

I have no idea what you are trying to describe. The point style for the yellow signal matches exactly what is shown in the plot legend.

You still have not posted the VI and without the code, it will be impossible to evaluate.

Message 5 of 10
(4,493 Views)

This is the problem:

When access the plot legend and I choose THE SAME point style (First row, third column) for both graphs, why do they then appear differently in both the legends and in the graphs afterwords, just as shown in the picture ???

Simple as that.

I put the graph with data as an attachment so anyone can see if they get the same.    LabVIEW 11.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,483 Views)

Please delete everything except the graph, make current values the default, save the VI under a new name, and attach it here.

How does it look in the properties panel of the graph?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,481 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Tropo

Your line widths for the two plots are not the same. In the "R meas" plot you have a line width of 0. In the "T meas" plot you have a line width of 2. If you change the line width of "T meas" to match that of "R meas" you will see the points will be the same.

Message 8 of 10
(4,471 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:

Your line widths for the two plots are not the same. In the "R meas" plot you have a line width of 0. In the "T meas" plot you have a line width of 2. If you change the line width of "T meas" to match that of "R meas" you will see the points will be the same.

Nice eye!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,468 Views)

OK, so there is always something new to learn.  It have never occurred to me that the points are also affected by the line width. To my excuse I can say that the graphs are not my work, so I had noe idea about how this strange thing could appear.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,399 Views)