LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Web Service WSDL file

Hey there,

I've read this page http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4728/en#toc4 but I would like to do it backwards.

I'm trying creating a Web Service in LabVIEW and trying to acess it using Eclipse + GWT to build an Web acessible UI for the client end. It seems that I would need to have a WSDL file from my

Web Server in LabVIEW in order to do that. LabVIEW apparently outputs only a .lvws file. 

If you're asking why, the answer is that I'm trying to have a web acessible UI. The LabVIEW Remote Panel requires the Run-Time engine which is not interisting for me, and the LabVIEW Web Builder is practical but I don't see where it is going at the moment so I was trying to use a simple text-based language to build a webpage but I don't have any experience with that.

Any help on this content would be nice.

Thanks! 😃

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,127 Views)

Hey Raniel,

My name is Kyle and I support Web UI builder. If you want to host the web services with the LabVIEW web server you should be able to consume the services in another language.

Have you seen this white paper about creating web services? It provides a few examples of interfaces to call the webservices in. Head to the designing web based user interface section.

Web Services in LabVIEW

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7350/en#toc6

Developing a UI in UI Builder is just as easy as writing a vi in LabVIEW. You can import all your web services into WEB UI Builder just like you would in LabVIEW with a 3rd party web service. You would need the LabVIEW web server to host the web services developed in LabVIEW but you can call them from other languages. 

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,096 Views)

Hello,

Can anyone please help me in building web service interface to connect with SAP system.

I have a WSDL file (SOAP interface) and would like to get data from SAP into LabVIEW or Database.

Please help me as soon sa possible.

Thanks

Jirav Fadia

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,883 Views)

Hey Jirav,

I want to suggest posting your question in a new thread of its own, allowing more visibility to the community and better enabling knowledgeable people to help you.

Thanks,

Michael Hizny

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,839 Views)