LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Web Publishing Tool - Error 404 on Subset of Targets

I have an application which is deployed to 13 test cell PCs and I used the Web Publishing Tool to create the HTML file so engineers can see the application running from their offices on each of the 13 test cells. The PCs are identical but on two of the PCs I get Access Error: 404 -- Not Found in a browser (Chrome or IE) when going to the address for those two PCs. It works everywhere else. I have tried adding inbound and outbound rules for port 8000, disabling the Symantec virus scanning software, and using the PC's IP addresses instead of the computer names. The LabVIEW EXE ini files are also the same as the PCs that are working. The two PCs are that not working are in the same area of the lab so maybe it has something to do with the subnets? The issue with that is I get the 404 error even when trying to access the HTML file directly on the PC running the EXE.

Carlton
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,184 Views)

Hi,

You have to disable firewall in the PC.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,154 Views)

Windows firewall is disabled. All other security is handled through Symantec, which I disabled and has the same settings as all the other PCs.

Carlton
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,151 Views)

If you do ping test the other pc answer ? Another thing in the menu tool-option in the web server section the remote panel has to enable.

Mirko

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,135 Views)

A ping test works. The web server is enabled. The same EXE and ini files were copied to each computer so I know it's not an issue with them because they are working correctly on 8 other computers.

Carlton
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,126 Views)

But when you copied the .exe folder in other PC you have to copy the web server folder too in the same position .

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,124 Views)

All you should need is the web service config ini file, which is in the same folder as the EXE, and the html file, which is in the program's /data folder. The web service config ini file has been edited to point to the program's /data folder and the EXE's ini file has been edited to enable web services.

Carlton
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,121 Views)

when you use web publishing tool you can choise the folder for html file, i suggest to do a folder (c:\web_server) so all html file will be inside this folder, when you will copy the .exe folder you have to copy c:\web_server too in the same position.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,109 Views)

The LabVIEW documentation suggests putting into the exe's \data folder, which is where I have the html file along with other dlls that the application uses. Again, this is not a problem with LabVIEW, the ini files, or the html file itself or their locations because it is an exact copy of 8 other machines that work properly. Two of the 10 total are having this 404 issue. I was hoping someone could give some insight into some advanced Windows 7 settings that may be blocking the communication since there are rules setup to allow port 8000 inbound and outbound and the firewall is disabled. We have roped in the client's IT department to help because they have a lot of software that's controlled by IT so I'm hoping they will be able to help.

Carlton
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,102 Views)

Hi,

I think talking to the client's IT department is a great step. Furthermore, is there any differences in the ways you access the two trouble computers compared to the others? Do you have administrator on most computers, but not those, or anything of the sort?

Alex C.

National Instruments

Alex C.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,082 Views)