From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Tech Preview Opinion

Solved!
Go to solution

Reading back my post on the usage of the word "Science" in context makes me seem to endorse other points of view of which I have no particular opinion. To clarify, I'm referring purely to the semantics being used suring presentations.  I am no longer anywhere near academia so I have no working knowledge any more of how NI interacts with academia.  I know others here are far more capable to comment on that than I am.  I just found it interesting that "science" was used almost exclusively within the keynote realm whereas "Engineering" was bandied about like it was going out of fashion.

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 57
(2,963 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

I just found it interesting that "science" was used almost exclusively within the keynote realm whereas "Engineering" was bandied about like it was going out of fashion.

By the same token I got the impression that "IoT" was sprinkled about with an uniform distribution as a last-minute "hotfix" for an already prepared speech.

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 57
(2,953 Views)

Nono, "IoT" was last year, this year it was "IIoT".  Sheesh, get with the program.  Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 57
(2,946 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

Nono, "IoT" was last year, this year it was "IIoT".  Sheesh, get with the program.  Smiley Tongue

I can tell it only lacks a "d" between the two I's.

Then........

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 57
(2,935 Views)

@User002 wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

I don't feel compelled contributing to this thread. Sorry.

Come on; let it rip! Smiley LOL

This is a thread that belongs in the breakpoint, because it basically went into hyper-space with quite a few mutually orthogonal opinions talking past each other, all the way into silliness. All the memes don't help. Have the thread moved by a moderator and I might contribute something over the weekend (or maybe not...). 😉

(I can play that game too, but not in a technical forum. :D)

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 57
(2,916 Views)

altenbach wrote: (...)

Oh. look, twilight is already upon the tracks of futility leading to everywhere and nowhere.

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 57
(2,902 Views)
Solution
Accepted by FabiolaDelaCueva

Roger,

I'm locking this thread, which is an extremely rare event. Constructive criticism of NI's products and services (along with the teams that create or deliver them) is always welcome. I'm sorry that you're disappointed by what you see in the Tech Preview and invite you to send specific software product requests (which I didn't see in any of your posts) directly to me.

However, your personal attacks within this thread are not welcome and violate NI's community rules regarding civility. In the future, please find more respectful ways to express disagreement with others on this forum.

Mike Neal

Software Product Management

National Instruments

Message 57 of 57
(2,854 Views)