LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW - SOLIDWORKS SoftMotion module not appear

Hello,

I am a new lab view user, i am trying to connect lab view with solidworks to simulate and control in my assembly. after installing labview 2016 64bit, and installed also soft motion module (LabVIEWSoftMotionModule2016f1) and activated it in lab view but i don't see the softmotion appear in lab view window when i am starting new project neither my assembly. this what i see every time. how i can solve this problem.

Thanks guys for your time.

lab.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,439 Views)

Is there a reason you are using LabVIEW 64 bit?

According to http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10383/en/ it doesn't look like Softmotion is available for 64 bit LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,394 Views)

As i have win7 -64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,378 Views)

You can still install LabVIEW 32 bit on a 64 bit OS, just like most applications you have installed on your PC are probably actually 32 bit.

The only reason to use 64 bit LabVIEW is if you have some need for very large data spaces and don't have requirements for any toolkits that only exist for 32 bit LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,372 Views)

FYI, LV 32-bit and 64-bit can live side by side with no issues.  Just remember that when you install LV 32-bit, you will have to reinstall your drivers and toolkits so LV 32-bit becomes aware of them.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,368 Views)

thanks for your informative response, i will try, and hope it works properly 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,365 Views)

After installing LV 32bit beside LB 64bit version, i noticed that soft motion automatically added and it works well right now. thanks so much Guys for your kindly help.

Message 7 of 8
(4,350 Views)

Don't forget to mark your post as the solution, since you did solve the issue.  That way, you might save some poor soul from wasting a lot of valuable time trying to figure it out.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 8 of 8
(4,344 Views)