From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Runtime operator interface for teststand errors

Hi
I have written a short test sequence in TestStand Version 2.0 . and am calling LabVIEW functions via the LabVIEW standard prototype adapter. The VI's called have been written using LabVIEW Version7. The sequence runs with no errors when run from TestStand, the problem arises when run from the provided LabVIEW Run-time Operator Interface for TestStand Version 2. The errors displayed are attached. I am thinking the problem may be due to a conflict between the version of LabVIEW which the LabVIEW Run-time Operator Interface was written in and LabVIEW 7 which I am runing with? Is there some form of mass compiling of the VIs provided under TestStand/OperatorInterfaces/LV required? If so could you explain how th
is would be carried out.

I am working on a PC running windows XP. On the PC I have both LabVIEW 6i and 7 loaded. If you 1st open LabVIEW 6i and then run the LabVIEW Run-time Operator Interface , it runs with no errors however in this case my sequence will not run as the VIs called have been written using LabVIEW 7.

One solusion I see would be to only call LabVIEW6i VIs but this would require the rewritting of all my VIs as I can not find a way of saving LabVIEW7 VIs to run on LabVIEW6i. This option is one I would only consider as a last resort as it would be very time consuming not to mention frustrating (am i correct in assuming that there is no way of converting a LabVIEW 7 VI to run on LabVIEW6i without 1st piggy backing through LabVIEW 6.1 which i do not have a copy of
?)

Any advise in solving this problem would be much appreciated. Looking forward to your reply. King Regard Declan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,200 Views)
Are you running an executable version of the operator interface? I'm running a 6.1 version of the OI with just the 6.1 run-time engine installed and steps written in verion 7 with no problems. If you continue to have issues, the easiest thing to do would be to build the version 6 OI as version 7.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,200 Views)