From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Runtime Engine 2010 NI_AALPro Error

Hi All,

I have an problem with the executable version of my LabVIEW program. I just created an LabVIEW program in LabVIEW Professional 2010 version to acquire some FFT spectrums so it also use some function palettes of Sound and Vibrations toolkit like Power Spectrum, Peak Search, Power in Band etc.

Then I just created an executable version of the program to run on a different system (Tools>>Build Executable Verion(EXE)). But when I tried to run the executable verion on a different system is showed some errors. I am attaching a printscreen of all errors showed.

So, the executable version of the program is working fine in the develoment system but showed some errors when we try to run it on a different system. We have already installed the LabVIEW runtime engine 2010 as well in the second system.

My one more question is when we build an executable version of a LabVIEW program then it should run on all PC without any other software (Runtime engine) because it got an extension of .exe 
so is there any chance or way to build a totally standalone executable version of the program without using any runtime engine as well.
Thanks
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,527 Views)

Hi PSBRRR,

It seems like you didn't include all the dependencies of your VI or project to your build specification. Can you send a screenshot of  the Source Files Setting page of the Application Properties dialog box ? You have to add all the VIs and DLLs that are used in the Sound & Vibration toolkit and any others you are using to your executable file or support directory.

For the last question : no you can't. Since LabVIEW 2010, the Run-Time Engine is like the "Java Virtual Machine". The compiled code inside your EXE is interpreted by the "LabVIEW Virtual Machine" included in the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. That's why it requires the Run-Time Engine to be executed or at least the development environment (previous versions of LabVIEW didn't use this principle but it was also required to have the Run-Time Engine installed).

Regards,

Da Helmut
Voir le profil de Maxime M. sur LinkedIn - View Maxime M.'s profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,521 Views)

Hi Maxime M.

Thanks for your quick response as you said I am attaching the print screen of Source Files Setting.

Regards,

PSBRRR 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,508 Views)

I have the same problem. Read and try everything about these errors 😞

Development LabView2010 is on Win7, target on XP

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,970 Views)

Hi Oldi,

I still remember how I managed to fix that problem as its not something to do with your development machine or .exe setting. In my case I tried couple of weeks solving the same problem and even contacted NI engineers for the same reason then found the problem the target machine (XP in your case) already had a LabVIEW runtime engine of earler version and every time yu try running your file even still it created in 2010 verion it tries to use some older file (it was runtime 6 in my case) then someone from NI called me and suggested to add runtime engine and one more particular update (don't remember it's name) in setting and it really solved the problem. so it might be the same problem in your case as well. Good luck

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,959 Views)

so what you can try is add LabVIEW runtime engine while creating .exe and latest DAQ settings and try to run same file on a different system which has not got earlier LabVIEW or their runtime engine installed. It should work fine even in first attempt.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,957 Views)

@Oldi wrote:

I have the same problem. Read and try everything about these errors 😞

Development LabView2010 is on Win7, target on XP

A common mistake is to accidentally only install the minimum runtime engine instead of the standard (much bigger file, around 200MB). Please check once more.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,954 Views)

Yes, problem was in Runtime, adding Math Kernel Libraris (and no others options under RunTime Engine) solve problem.

In Instaler to include I have onli Visa Runtime selected and of course Runtime Engine with Math Kernel Lib.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,948 Views)