From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Runtime Engine 2009 Installer Runs at PC Startup

Solved!
Go to solution

As of a few weeks ago, upon startup of my PC the installer for the LabVIEW Runtime Engine 2009 immediately opens, fails to locate the installation files, and hangs. Performing a proper installation of this software does not resolve the issue. 

I'm currently running LabVIEW 2014 SP1 as my main development environment with no issues aside from this one. Can anyone please provide assistance?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,272 Views)

LabVIEW Installer.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,269 Views)

What happened a few weeks ago that caused your PC to behave differently?  Did you add any software?  Uninstall any software?

What does Multi_CALPGA309 (Installer) mean to you?  Is this any project you were working on?

Is there anythink in Windows registry or MSConfig startup or anywhere else that would cause some installer to begin running automatically on startup?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,251 Views)

Hi RavensFan, I've installed one piece of software that I can think of in that time, Designsoft TINA v11 which is unrelated to any NI software. The Multi_CAL software is a project I've worked on in the past.

All the NI startup items were disabled in MSConfig as part of my own debug.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,243 Views)

Can you contact them?  Is it possible that that software was written in LabVIEW, but you don't know it?  What if you uninstall that?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,232 Views)

I think MSconfig does not list Start -> All programs -> Startup shortcuts. Check that place also.

Can you figure out from where does it run the 2009 installer? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,230 Views)

Hello RavensFan, I can confirm that TINA was not written in LabVIEW. The issue also did not appear immediately after installing it, it's just the only major software I can recall installing recently.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,209 Views)

Hello Alexander, thank you for the suggestion. The only thing in my Startup shortcuts folder is a free World Clock utility from Wim's Programs.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,208 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author leto_II

Completely uninstalling all NI products and reinstalling LabVIEW resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,146 Views)