LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW OPC Server Connection stops when a vi is ran for a long time

I have a VI that acquires data from the OPC Server and saves it to global variables. And a Main VI that reads from the global variables for output. The Main VI executes two vi's in a given interval of about 5 and 30 mins respectively. The first vi helps in data logging the other send the data as a SMS.. However after running this code for about 5 hours the values turn to zero. Have checked on the CPU Usage and is within 25% spent for LabVIEW. What could be a possible bottleneck in this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,573 Views)

Do you have the DSC module?  If so, why are you creating global variables when you already have shared variables?  If not, why aren't you just using data sockets?

Currently, you have one VI JUST to duplicate functionality that already exists.  The other VI just uses the redundant functionality. 

25% doesn't sound like a bottleneck.  Does everything else in the VI keep executing as expected?  Do you have any network issues?  Does the OPC Server still output the values.  Are you using NI OPC Servers?  If so, can you use Quick Client while reading all 0's to see the desired non-zero values?  Which OPC Server are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,558 Views)

I am not using a DSC Module. Am using DataSokcet to read from IBH OPC Server. The network is working fine. When I quit LabVIEW and start the entire process again it starts working for another 5-6 hours. Yes everything in the VI gets executed properly I still receive messages every 30 mins its just the value that gets to 0.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,538 Views)

What happens when you look at the quick client when the values report as 0?  Do those show up as a 0 as well?

Keep in mind you're working with one of the OPC servers that isn't officially supported so there may be bugs that show up related to that: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/6417/en/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,531 Views)