cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Home Edition 2016 and 2017???

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I got a kind of surprise today. I installed the new NXG, it went ok after some troubleshooting (I had previously LV2015 and 2016 on my PC, and NXG was complaining about some DAQmx incompatibility; installing LV2017+DAQmx 17.1 before the NXG solved this problem).

After the installation of NXG, this new "NI Licensing Wizard" window popped up, where I had to activate NXG, all went OK. However, big surprise, I see two entries in this window, see below... LV Home Edition 2016 and 2017? 🙂 NI, is there plan for these licenses? 🙂

home2.png

Message 1 of 22
(9,458 Views)

I would LOVE a LV 2017 Home Edition!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 22
(9,413 Views)

And? We are aware of the LV Home Edition and how to buy it, actually i own one copy. It gives you access to LabVIEW 2014. 

I would be interested to get feedback whether we can get LabVIEW 2017 in Home Edition version. Did you read my post? 🙂

edit: + LabVIEW NXG home edition? 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(9,325 Views)

There is only the 2014 SP1 out there and it seems the activation wizard is not correct.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(9,284 Views)

I agree that would be awesome! I guess the main purpose of LV Home edition is for people to use on their hobby projects. But I actually got it to have a way to practice for certification exams and be able to upload and download from the forums while I'm at home. For both of these it would be really nice to have the most up to date version of LabVIEW. I am getting tired (and I'm sure others are too 🙂 ) of having to ask for a backsaved copy of a VI every time I download something from the forums.

Message 6 of 22
(9,233 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

I agree that would be awesome! I guess the main purpose of LV Home edition is for people to use on their hobby projects. But I actually got it to have a way to practice for certification exams and be able to upload and download from the forums while I'm at home. For both of these it would be really nice to have the most up to date version of LabVIEW. I am getting tired (and I'm sure others are too 🙂 ) of having to ask for a backsaved copy of a VI every time I download something from the forums.

Yes! And not to forget that we, as LabVIEW developers (either "occasional" or full time), we rely on our companies' license through our career. It would be incredible useful for us, if we had a Home Edition which is updated every year. In this way, we could have an own home copy to keep our knowledge up-to-date and polished to the actual version features. Any time can happen, that we have to spend a couple of years at a company, where an outdated version is used...

I would even not mind to pay a small home license fee every year to get an update...

Message 7 of 22
(9,226 Views)

I know i'm bringing up a little bit of an older thread, but I am looking to see if there are any updates to getting a newer version than 2014. It would be nice to be up to date with the latest version at home. I have a couple VI's on a thumb drive that I am trying to open but can't since they were created in a newer version of LabVIEW. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(8,169 Views)

@adekruif wrote:

I know i'm bringing up a little bit of an older thread, but I am looking to see if there are any updates to getting a newer version than 2014. It would be nice to be up to date with the latest version at home. I have a couple VI's on a thumb drive that I am trying to open but can't since they were created in a newer version of LabVIEW. 

That is what the LabVIEW Version Conversion board is for.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(8,163 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

@Gregory wrote:

Yes! And not to forget that we, as LabVIEW developers (either "occasional" or full time), we rely on our companies' license through our career. It would be incredible useful for us, if we had a Home Edition which is updated every year. In this way, we could have an own home copy to keep our knowledge up-to-date and polished to the actual version features. Any time can happen, that we have to spend a couple of years at a company, where an outdated version is used...

I would even not mind to pay a small home license fee every year to get an update...

Check the licensing agreement. If I am not mistaken you can install a copy of your company license on a home PC. Of course your company has to be Ok with this but I believe it is covered in the NI license. I do believe it stipulates you cannot use that license for commercial purposes. It can be used to work from home and for experimentation.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 10 of 22
(8,115 Views)