From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Handle Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Last week my LabVIEW broke and developed an error. Whenever I try and access the “handle” for my “Mug” object my system errors out. This stops me from using the “drink tea” method without burning my hands, if you know where I might get another instance of the “Mug” object I would be very grateful.

Please see attached image for more details.

Many thanks,

Daniel

Daniel Harryman MEng
CLA, CPI
Message 1 of 8
(6,962 Views)

Sometimes if you cant get another instance of the "mug" object or you dont want to burn your hands while performing the "drink tea" method while waiting for the new instance of the "mug" object, you just need to repair the original instance.

#Gorrilla Glue

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,927 Views)

@DanHarryman wrote:

Hello,

Last week my LabVIEW broke and developed an error. Whenever I try and access the “handle” for my “Mug” object my system errors out. This stops me from using the “drink tea” method without burning my hands, if you know where I might get another instance of the “Mug” object I would be very grateful.

Please see attached image for more details.

Many thanks,

Daniel

I too would like a fork of that object wire so that I can have a copy of the 'Mug' object and it's private data as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,923 Views)

I believe that providing the «mittens» LabVIEW add-on would help.

However, it’s third party and we have no support for these products.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,647 Views)

Until you get your issue "handled" you could always just pipe STDOUT to STDIN.  Smiley Wink

pipe.jpg

EDIT:  BTW, Thanks for the early morning laugh, I needed it today.  Kudos for you!

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 5 of 8
(6,618 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DanHarryman

Hi Daniel

By using a factory pattern, a new version of the "mug" object class (called "high res mug") has been loaded from the file store object instance of "cupboard" and a new instance of the "high res mug" class has been dynamically dispatched to the desktop application.
High_Res_Mug

Please allow 3 - 5 days for these changes to propegate to your application.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor

CLA CPI

Message 6 of 8
(6,465 Views)

Good luck with the ice breaker project now you have a good source for Brownian motion.

If you need any help on the Bambleweeny Submeson Brain class and it's specific child (the Bambleweeny 57 Submeson Brain) please post back here.

I assume you've acquired the IP already for the atomic vector plotter available for download from the VIPM.

Smiley Very Happy

// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,430 Views)

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Some NI staff at our user group today dropped off a little gift for me. Top marks for customer service! 🙂

image1.JPG

Daniel Harryman MEng
CLA, CPI
Message 8 of 8
(6,095 Views)