LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW FTP

Hello All,

I'm facing problems in setting up a connection with FTP server.

We have setup FTP server with anonymous login enabled and assigned port is 21(default port for FTP).

We are able to access this FTP server using windows explorer and internet browers (like - IE & Google Crome).

But, we are unable to connect to this FTP server through LabVIEW .

Attached is the sample code used to testing purpose.

Here, we are getting following respose - 

A. 220 Microsft FTP Service (in FTP Open Session)

B. 530 Please login with USER and PASS. (in FTP Logon.VI)

I've alreday tried using default user name as anonymous and email ID as password.

Microsoft FTP service is running and set to automatic startup.

OS - Windows 7

LV - LV2013

Any help is highly appreaciated.

Regards,

Yogesh Sinare

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,742 Views)

I haven't done this recently, but in an older piece of code, I used FTP to send data from a PXI running LabVIEW RT to my Host PC (I now use Network Streams to stream the data directly to the PC rather than save it on the PXI's disk and, in a second, later, step, FTP it to the Host).  

I tried to open your code in LabVIEW 2014, but it "choked" on the FTP Class (which it couldn't find).  Is this something I'm missing, or is it something "extra" that you are using?  I also did a quick Google search for FTP Class, and came up empty.

If this is something that you are developing, are you willing/able to share?  If so, it would probably help to have all of the "pieces of the puzzle".  If not, then you might consider writing a smaller test routine that just used the LabVIEW FTP functions "as is" to try to establish the connection.  If a small "pure LabVIEW" routine still fails, post it here and we (or at least I) will try it, compare it with what "used to work", and try to help you out.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,721 Views)

Hello 

Issue was with the Windows Firewall seetings. After allowing the access to National Instruments and application created we are able to eastablish the connection with FTP server and transfer data.

I tried to open your code in LabVIEW 2014, but it "choked" ....

FTP class is implemented for the application that we are building. to Handle the file transfers across the different processes running asynchronously of each other.

Thanks again..!!

Regards,

Yogesh Sinare

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,508 Views)

@Yogesh.Sinare wrote:

FTP class is implemented for the application that we are building. to Handle the file transfers across the different processes running asynchronously of each other. 

Is there a reason you choose to write your own instead of using the many possible solutions?  From command line to LabVIEW's native FTP support, to multiple toolkits both from NI and from 3rd party vendors?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,483 Views)