LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW FPGA Module internal software error

I am receiving the following error (in a pop-up window) after my FPGA code has completed Compilation successfully.  This error continues to happen even after restarting LabVIEW and the PC.  Only sure way to get passed error is to remove and then re-install the LabVIEW FPGA Module.  Has anyone had this issue?

An internal software error in the LabVIEW FPGA Module has occurred.  Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support.

Additional Information:

Original error message:
-------------------------

Error 6 occurred at Write to Text File in niFpgaWriteBitfileXml.vi->niFpgaCompileDownloadRun.lvlib:cdrCreateBitfileForCompilation.vi->niFpgaCompileDownloadRun.lvlib:nirviCompileDownload.vi->hardware_template.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Generic file I/O error.
=========================
NI-488:  I/O operation aborted.

\\.host\Shared Folders\Documents\LabVIEW Data\DRELS Project\FPGA Bitfiles\DRELS Project.lvproj_FPGA Target_6RadiosTest.vi.lvbitx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,353 Views)

Looks like missing create file permissions on the target folder. The compiler isn't able to write back it's result ( *.lvbitx) to the harddisk. As long a you don't restart the compile it will try to write back the bitfile. That's why the message pops up even if you restart LV.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,344 Views)

D. Pickens,

I agree with christian_w in saying that the compiler is unable to write the .lvbitx file. Things you can do about this:

1.) Verify you have administrative permission on your account in Windows.

2.) Verify that folder that you are writing the .lvbitx file to has write permissions.

3.) Delete the clntTmp and srvrTmp folders at C:\NIFPGA* and try again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,307 Views)

Hello,

I have had the same error. I tried the tree options that you appoint but still having the error. I finally realized that my path was too long and I moved the folder containing my project to another (shorter) shorter path. Now it compliles and works properly,

Kind regards,

David.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,124 Views)

HI Ben_s,

I have similar issue, but diffrent error reports:

Error -61499 occurred at niFpgaXml_GetValue_String.vi<-niFpgaXml_SetValue_String.vi<-niFpgaBuild_Configure_AddToJobList.vi<-niFpgaCompileWorker_StartCompilation.vi<-niFpgaCompile_Worker.vi:1

Any suggestions to deal with it? 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,580 Views)

Yongxin,

I would make a new post because this thread is pretty old.  When you make a new post, the following information would be very helpful to include.

1. Hardware and versions of LabVIEW / Xilinx tools.

2. A picture of the error you recieve

3. When does this error occur?

4. Do you recieve this error compiling any VI or is there just one that you cannot compile?  Have you ever been able to compile on this computer?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,560 Views)