LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW FPGA Error 63085 received.

Receiently I got the error 63085 when reading writing an array to the labview fpga. I'm using a 7845R Daq OEM. The documetation on the error says:

−63085 NiFpga_Status_ControlOrIndicatorTooLarge The FPGA Read/Write Control Function is accessing a control or indicator with data that exceeds the maximum size supported on the current target. Refer to the hardware documentation for the limitations on data types for this target.

Im using a fixed point array of size 80? where in the documtation can i find the information this error refers to?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,788 Views)

Did you follow the instructions and look at the help for your FPGA target? 

As per this link (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599G-01/lvfpgaconcepts/pfi_data_transfer/), there are hardware specific limits on the size/data that can be transferred using front panel controls/indicators on FPGA targets which you are exceeding (80 FXPs is quite a lot in FPGA terms). To find the documentation for your hardware, see here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599G-01/lvfpgahelp/fpga_target_docs/

I suggest you use a FIFO to transfer your data!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,778 Views)

Your first link seems to be broken... I did switch to FIFO, however i was unable to figure out the limits for control/Indicator size. I tried to find the document that specified this for my device but was unable too. also there needs to be a better word for controls/indicators like the class they belong too. Anyhow thankyou very much for your reply Sam.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,743 Views)

@Taylor_H. wrote:

Also there needs to be a better word for controls/indicators like the class they belong too. 

From what I remember controls and indicators both fall under the class do controls.  A property of the class determines whether it is a control or indicator, I think of it as a setting to decide whether there is read or write access to that object.

That inherits from GObject (Generic Object) which is basically every object (for lack of a better word) which is on the front panel or block diagram.

Doesn't really help out but it's another fun fact brought to you by VI Scripting.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,730 Views)