cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW FPGA Cloud Compile Service stuck on generating cores

Solved!
Go to solution

HI,

Since I am using windows 8 I have to make use of the cloud compile server to compile my VIs.

However lately it has been stuck a lot at the generating cores phase.

Is here anything I can do to get rid of this problem ? Sometimes it just doenst seem to compile at all but sometimes it does compile. This is kind of annoying since I rely on this service.

Any advice?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,162 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BastiaanO

How long does the compile get stuck there? If your application requires a number of cores, it can take a long time to generate all the necessary support files. For some larger FPGAs, this part can take several hours the first time you hit a new compile machine/instance. Luckily, the cores are cached so that might be why it is sometimes faster, it depends on which machines your compile is hitting.

Message 2 of 4
(3,151 Views)

Hey Dragis,

Thanks for your reply. The longest I have seen it stuck was 40 minutes or so. At that time I figured something went wrong and I cancelled the compilation.

At least now I know that it is not stuck and that I need to be patient for a little longer.

Thanks for the clarification

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,129 Views)

It would be nice if the locally-cached Core files would be passed over the network to the compile server.

I have a FPGA design which takes 2.5 Hours to compile locally and 4 hours in the cloud.  the difference? 1.5 hours generating cores.  You can ship a lot of data over the network in that time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,910 Views)