LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW FPGA Array operations

If case structure outputs same size of array from both the cases, there is no issue. Issue is when the sizes are different.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(763 Views)

Hi scsp,

as has been said many times before: the FPGA can only handle fixed size arrays and you CANNOT mix two different sized arrays on one case structure tunnel!!! There is no issue...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 12 of 16
(762 Views)

Okay , agreed. Creating different VI's for different cases is the only alternative is it?

For the other question of mine regarding copying the array elements to a constant array on FPGA Target, entering individual elements is the solution?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(744 Views)

If you are in or can sign up for the 2013 Beta, the LabVIEW FPGA Module now supports compile-time resolution of array sizes which means you can write VIs that accept variable-size arrays and as long as the compiler can infer fixed-sizes for the arrays your design will be synthesizable.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(731 Views)

@Dragis wrote:

If you are in or can sign up for the 2013 Beta, the LabVIEW FPGA Module now supports compile-time resolution of array sizes which means you can write VIs that accept variable-size arrays and as long as the compiler can infer fixed-sizes for the arrays your design will be synthesizable.

Wow really?  Is that public knowledge?  Because I thought those in the beta couldn't talk about its features.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(717 Views)

Well, this somewhat related to several ideas from the idea exchange, so in general we would have marked the idea as "In Beta" anyway. So, if you don't tell anyone, I won't : )

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(714 Views)