LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Error 3. Executable from Win XP to Win 7

Hi,

I am in a tight spot here. I am at a customers site trying to take an application that was built almost 4 years ago using LV 2010 and transfer it to a new windows 7 desktop. I am fairly certain no installer was created, if one was created I do not know where it is. So I copied all the related files. (.exe, .aliases, Data Folder, .ini, lvanlys.dll, etc.) I also installed the LabVIEW Run-Time 2010 on the 7 machine which was installed on the XP computer, along with the DAQmx and NI motion. When I run the application I get the following errors:

PopUp 1:

PopUp1.png

PopUp 2:

PopUp2.png

PopUp 3:

PopUp3.png

PopUp 4:

PopUp4.png

After I click OK on the 3rd PopUp the 4th PopUp comes up and the front panel of the application comes up with the run bar showing and a broken run arrow. The application does not show the run bar when running on the XP machine.

I do not use those front panels on the library vi's which it can not find but I don't have the source code so I can not rebuild and have no way of excluding that requirement from the build.

I searched the entire XP C: drive and could not find the NI_AALBase.lvlib file. Is this because I am putting this on a windows 7 machine? I do not have the source code so I can not rebuild this application. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue by copying files from one computer to the other? Thanks.

-Ryman

CLD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,361 Views)

It looks like the Mathematics module is missing and I am not sure that the Run Time engine includes this. If you don't have the original installer why don't you try to install LabVIEW and check.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,347 Views)

I would try to create a simple VI on a LabVIEW development PC that includes some of those VI's.  Then try to make an installer for that application.  See what extra files it would include in the package.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,327 Views)

I did install 2014 which included the mathematics module but it did not work. I do not have a LabVIEW 2010 installation disk. I also tried creating a project with the missing VI's and the only thing it included was LabVIEW Run-Time 2013. I would try to build using LV 2010 if I had it and see what other installers it would include in the installer build.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,287 Views)

I'm pretty sure, that there was a data subdirectory relative to your exe on the old Win XP system which contained a "lvanlys.dll". Do copy this data directory on your Win7 system togehter with your exe.

Another idea: I do hope you  installed the full version of the 2010 runtime engine.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,276 Views)

I would have thought that installing the LVRT 2010 would have included the Math Kernel libraries (which contain the missing files). Are you installing the standard version of the runtime (http://www.ni.com/download/labview-run-time-engine-2010-sp1/2292/en/) as opposed to the minimal?

If you have an NI service contract...I guess you could download & install LV2010 and build an installer which includes the math kernel libraries?

You can also look in the extracted run-time (C:\National Instruments Downloads\...) for the MKL.msi or similar and try to run the installer for the math libraries manually?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,274 Views)

I copied the LV 2010 RTE Installer from the original XP computer and installed it into the Windows 7 machine. It was the Standard version. I also copied the entire vi.lib/Analysis folder which includes the NI_AALBase.lvlib and NI_AALPro.lvlib into the C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib folder on the windows 7 machine.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,270 Views)

I also tried installing the math libraries (MKL_2010) manually. It did not work either. Thanks for the suggestions. Does this have to do with XP vs 7? Program files (x86) directory name?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,257 Views)

Just a weird idea:

Program files (x86) indicates that you run a 64bit version of Windows 7.

Most probably the LabVIEW exe is 32bit. You need the 32bit version of the run time engine.

Perhaps this thread is helpful.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,244 Views)

@jg69 wrote:

Just a weird idea:

Program files (x86) indicates that you run a 64bit version of Windows 7.

Most probably the LabVIEW exe is 32bit. You need the 32bit version of the run time engine.

I don't think this is the issue.  If it were then he wouldn't be able to see the front panel, even if it is broken.  If you try to run a LabVIEW built EXE without the right run-time it will just tell you to go download the run-time and that's it.  Here it sounds like it is starting to load VIs into memory, which is where it has issues.  I'd say the correct run-time is installed and it is other sub-components that are still missing, like the math components.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,172 Views)