LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Database examples

I have been playing with the database vi's in LV11.  I put together a test program and used the AP Builder to make an EXE.  When it is run in the development PC everything is fine.  But when I put the install into a clean (no NI libraries) PC, it hangs.  Any ideas as to what I did not include in the Install?  Software attached.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(6,031 Views)

I don't believe there are any additional installer packages required for the database toolkit but of course you will need the appropriate LabVIEW runtime engine included.  Also, you will need to set-up your database connection (ODBC or whatever) on the new PC so that your program can Access it.  Smiley Very Happy  (A little MS humor... .. very little.)

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(6,022 Views)

My guess is that your Get UDL File Path is not actually finding the UDL (which contains the connection parameters).  Remember that relative file paths inside of your EXE are different than in the development environment.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(6,013 Views)

The RTE is in the Installer, but I do not know about "setting up the DB connection"  Isn't that what I am doing with the first vi?

S

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(6,001 Views)

Really!?!  How so?  Why are the relative paths different?

S

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(5,999 Views)

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FD7DE8BC8FFC256C862565F4006BE363

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(5,987 Views)

I don't know what the first VI does since you didn't post it, but the name is Get UDL File Path.  Going by that, this tells me it is probably looking for a UDL file so that a database connection can be established.  Depending on how it "gets" the path, it could be returning the wrong path, as discussed in the above link.  

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(5,980 Views)

@ycg44 wrote:

Really!?!  How so?  Why are the relative paths different?

S

The Get UDL File Path is using a property node Application:Directory Path in order to generate the path to the udl file. In the development environment this is the directory where LabVIEW.exe is located, i.e. c:\Program files..... etc.

When you run an executable, it points to the directory where the executable is located

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(5,979 Views)

Thanks, but the path does not appear to be it.  I am using the "Application path,vi" and the udl is in the same directory as the vi.  I just checked it with a probe and it looks right.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(5,972 Views)

This is what I just got back from the customer in Germany.  The error message is in German, however it appears to suggest that it is related to a file LabVIEW.mdb.  But the path is that of the development PC, not the target PC.  I have also included the path vi that I am using.  Any ideas?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(5,913 Views)