LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Database examples

Don't use the mdb provided with the Labview examples for your own database.  Create your own MDB file, save it with your project and link up to it using a connection string like the one below.  You'll need to modify the string to include the correct path.  

Capture.PNG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,591 Views)

Can anyone makes sense of this error message.  On the target system (in Germany), the LabVIEW EXE and the LabVIEW.udl are in the same directory.  But nothing works until I put the LabVIEW.mdb in the c:\program files(x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\examples\database....  WHY?

And then I get this error message (attached).  The German in the error message roughly translates to:  "Operation must use an updateable query" when I use the insert in to table vi.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,571 Views)

Are you actually reading any of the posts in this thread?  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,566 Views)

Have you looked up the error code?

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,561 Views)

On a development system, the files that you are using are located in the examples directory (see below pic).  On a deployed system, those files (mdb and udl) do not exist because they are example support files.  You can create your own or copy them to the same path on the deployed system as they exist on the development system.  That is the reason i told you to create your own mdb and udl file and put them in your application directory so that your exe isn't tied to system examples.  

Capture.PNG

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,555 Views)

Edit the udl file in a text editor and you will see why it is looking in that particular directory for the MDB.

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,550 Views)

@aputman wrote:

Don't use the mdb provided with the Labview examples for your own database.  Create your own MDB file, save it with your project and link up to it using a connection string like the one below.  You'll need to modify the string to include the correct path.  

Capture.PNG

Now if you had read the above post, you could have solved your problems by eliminating the Get UDL Path vi and replaced it with this code.  Using this bit of code, you can eliminate the need for the Get UDL Path vi and the UDL file.  You would only need the MDB file placed in a directory and the path to the MDB file typed into the string constant (with quotes around the path).

aputman
------------------
Message 17 of 18
(1,545 Views)

Suddenly, I am getting all of the responses at once.  Let me digest this and see if I can make sense of this.

MANY MANY THANKS.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,533 Views)