LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW DSC Client\Server application. How to install executable on client.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I'm currently programming a Client\Server application.  The server application should host shared variables and the client application should read them.  The client application reads the shared variable in the indicator by binding them with the indicator properties.  I started the programming, and the client and server application are in the same project.  In the client application I'm binding the indicator to the library in my project which has the "My Computer" as the address.  My question is how I will tell the executable installed on any computer I desired to used the shared variables on the server?  I have LabVIEW DSC 2009.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,549 Views)

Hi, since we are talking about executables...all targets require both LabVIEW (which includes the shared variable engine)and DSC (a bit more complicated, here is an insight) Run-Time engines, otherwise the stand alone application won't run. Now, assuming that everything is on the same network and all executables are suppose to clients, or at least access the already created variables hosted on your PC, I believe it would be easier to find programmatically the available resources than create/deploy new libraries. If you find your self in troubles here is a guide to troubleshoot applications that uses shared variables.

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,506 Views)

Hello,

So basically, the prefered method would be to find the server and modify the "Data Binding" properties of the controls and indicators of the client application programmatically?  I'm knowledgable with run-time, setup, ect.

Thanks,

Michel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,502 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michel_Gauvin

if by "data binding" you mean the Bounded Variables on your computer then yes, unless you would like to bound new variables on each executable, in that case here is an example that can help.

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,489 Views)