LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW DAQ Library Error

I'm having some trouble running some of our production software that uses the LabVIEW DAQ VI library in conjunction with LabVIEW and TestStand.

When I try to start an execution from TestStand, I get an error that a VI is not executable. Following the Vi hierarchy downward, I get an error that claims:

Missing external function lvdaq.*; DIO_Port_ConfigInterface:C in DIO Port Config.vi

If seems like the DAQ vi.lib vi's can't find, open, or use the lvdaq.dll; despite the .llb and .dll files being in the same directory: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\Daq

The error seems to be intermittent. Rebooting the PC makes the problem go away, but eventually, I will get the error again. Unfortunately, I can't fiix the problem on my own since i dont fully understandf what is wrong, not why it works sometimes and not others. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,032 Views)

Hello Jason,

Thank you for using NI support.  What version of the DAQ driver do you have and are you running any other NI code (LabVIEW, TestStand etc.) while this is running?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,002 Views)

The DAQ driver is the Traditional DAQ 7.4.4f, which is controlling a PCI-6534.

The software is being launched by TestStand 4.1, which in turn is calling LabVIEW 8.6.

I was able to capture the error using a development environment, which gives slightly more information:

Error loading "C:\Program FilesNational Instrument\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\Daq\lvdaq.dll.

A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

So apparently, the right file is found, but something is failing during the initialization process. This is before execution begins, when the test VI's are loaded into memory.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,997 Views)

Hello Jason,

One thing you should verify is that you are logged in as the admin on your computer or that you have administrative rights to that folder.  More times than often this is the problem when receiving this error.  Another thing you can try is running a test panel in Measurement and Automation Explorer to see if you can communicate with your hardware.  If unable to communicate, I would look into repairing the Traditional DAQ driver.  Also, take a look at this forum post which addresses the same issue.  There are several other posts on our website which deal with troubleshooting the same issue.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,973 Views)