LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Crash

I am running a real time process on a cRIO 9035 and a UI process on a PC connected via an ethernet cable.  Two times when I have left it running overnight I come in the morning and the cRIO process is running (it is operating a test that is still going), but there are no LabVIEW windows on the host PC (I should have 2 LabVIEW windows open on the PC.  One for the UI, and one for the cRIO).

The odd thing is that there is no error message, or crash message, it just stopped.

I know I need to put in a watchdog on my RT process to see if the host computer is still active, but I am still puzzled why the PC process just disappears.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,113 Views)

What evidence do you have of a crash?

Does anyone else have access to the PC?  It's possible they just closed your windows.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,110 Views)

Nobody else accesses the PC.

The evidence is that the windows disappeared and the TDMS file is corrupted.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,103 Views)

Are there any nightly down times pushed by your IT Department?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,052 Views)

Good idea, but no.  And I have the automatic updates turned off (which is a challenge in Windows 10).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,047 Views)

Yeah that's odd, I also have a few follow-up questions:

1) Which version of LabVIEW are you running?

2) Have you ever received a crash report from this project? 

3) Are there any NI applications still running in the background (within Task Manager) after the program has closed?

Thanks,

Trent 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,024 Views)

I am running 2016.  It has not happened in a couple days, if it does I will save the crash report and check to Task Manager.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,016 Views)