From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Crash Reporter (drawmgr.cpp)

Hi,

I am developing an application in LabVIEW, in order to receive data via ethernet and store them in databases at the same time be able to see chart.

The application on the front panel has three updated graphics at the sametime.

After some time of the application be running an error window appears.

I've done "Send" with the mail and still got no response.
I've searched in this forum about this error and has removed the acceleration ofgraphics and changed the front panel indicators for the result but not classic.

Someone can indicate what may be causing this?

I put the attached bug report generated and a printscreen of the error window.

I'm using LabVIEW2011 and Windows XP.

Greetings
Diogo

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,891 Views)

Hello,

And thank you for posting here.

Is your application a executable or a VI?

If it's the case, you should try the steps provided into this document : Error When Running a LabVIEW Executable

Is your application contained in a project?

Did you check if this crash occured after adding a specific component?

Do you have timestamp in your application?

Did you try to use the Execution Highlight in order to see what part of your application is responsible for this?

Regards,

Jérémy C.
NI France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,874 Views)

Hi, Jérémy

"Is your application a executable or a VI?"

The error happens in two situations, executable or in VI.

"If it's the case, you should try the steps provided into this document : Error When Running a LabVIEW Executable"

Yet, I just did the first step.

"Is your application contained in a project?"

Yes.

"Did you check if this crash occured after adding a specific component?"

No, I leave the application running and the next day when I will see if it's okay, there already exists the error window.

"Do you have timestamp in your application?"

In labview not, but the data that I am receiving via Ethernet has a timestamp of an RTC.

"Did you try to use the Execution Highlight in order to see what part of your application is responsible for this?"

Not because the error is random and occurs after a run-time. I have found that the error usually occurs after 10 hours of runtime.

My application is receiving data at a frequency of 1Hz.

And in the next day when I check, there is already the error window and recorded data in the database is equivalent of 10 hours.

I replaced the computer and also it's the same.

I have seen in the forum say that graphics or printers cause this error.

I do not use printers.

This may occur because of the 3 graphics are updated at the same time?

Greetings

DiMaViMa

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,831 Views)

Hi DiMaViMa,

Did you try to update the value of 1Hz in order to see if accelerate the frequency cause the error sooner?

Do you have any warning in your code?

You can try to remove 2 graphics in order to keeping only one and see if the error occurs. If not, it will mean that it's related to the update of your 3 graphics at the same time.

Regards,

Jérémy C.
NI France

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,814 Views)

Hi,

Did you try to update the value of 1Hz in order to see if accelerate the frequency cause the error sooner?

I have not explained well.

I get the data wirelessly to a frequency of 1 Hz.

In the application I have several "cases" in which depending on the conditions or not perform certain functions. 

If there is no data, no performs "case" and therefore the application does nothing, if you receive several conditions are analyzed.

Do you have any warning in your code?

Not simply the application closes and displays the window that I put in the initial post

You can try to remove 2 graphics in order to keeping only one and see if the error occurs. If not, it will mean that it's related to the update of your 3 graphics at the same time.

In recent days I have made ​​several tests to try to understand what might be causingthis error.

I just started to:

• (test 1) the application only receive the data via wirelessthis test worked well until the next day without error;
  • (test 2) the application receive the data via wireless and make analysis of data received in order to know if data is ok - this test worked well until the next day without error;
  • (test 3) the application receive the data via wireless and make analysis of data received and if data is ok, store the data in the databaseI have gotten errors on this test;

It seems that only when I'm using the database is that I have errors in the application.

In your opinion is possible that the problem is the use of the database?

Note: Now I do not use graphics in "front panel", just have a textbox to see the data that I am receiving.

Greetings

DiMaViMa

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,789 Views)

Hi,

According to the tests you did, the use of the database could be the reason of the problem. Could you post your VI or a simplified VI which causes you the crash in order to see your architecture?

Regards,

Jérémy C.
NI France

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,780 Views)

Please tell me with the help of pictures how to fix this error.... I can't understand your help

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,903 Views)

tell me in details please

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,902 Views)

The thread you replied to is around 6 years old and I'm not sure how relevant it is to your particular problem anyway. I would suggest making a new post and in that post give us a bit more information about what is happening in your application. For instance:

Can you attach the .zip that was created with this crash?

How often does this crash happen?

What is your application doing around the time of the crash?

How much memory and CPU is the application using when it crashes?

Has this been happening for some time? What changed in your application before and after you started noticing this crash?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,895 Views)