From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Bug Report: Free label arrow and While Loop objects get disconnected when the diagram is resized

Attach a freel label arrow to a Shift Register (or the Condional Terminal, or the Loop Index) and expand the diagram using Ctrl-Drag and the arrow will loose its connection to the Shift Register (or the Condional Terminal, or the Loop Index).

Try the same with a For Loop and everything is fine.

Free label arrow Diagram expansion Bug.png

Tested in LV 2015 64 bit.

Message 1 of 11
(3,661 Views)

Nice catch.  I've submitted this bug to R&D and they will prioritize it accordingly.  The corrective action request number is 556764.  You can reference that number in future patches/updates to see if it has been fixed.

Thanks for the tip!

Message 2 of 11
(3,613 Views)

@X. wrote:

Attach a freel label arrow to a Shift Register (or the Condional Terminal, or the Loop Index) and expand the diagram using Ctrl-Drag and the arrow will loose its connection to the Shift Register (or the Condional Terminal, or the Loop Index).

Try the same with a For Loop and everything is fine.

Free label arrow Diagram expansion Bug.png

Tested in LV 2015 64 bit.

Didn't you find another super-weird bug realted to the label arrow where you did something and it disappeared and you could no longer grab it to move it?  I forgot what it was, but this sounds kind of related...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,596 Views)

You mean this report? Or this one? I guess I could also throw this one in? And what about this one?

You got to wonder how much NI pays their beta testers...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,562 Views)

@X. wrote:

You mean this report? Or this one? I guess I could also throw this one in? And what about this one?

You got to wonder how much NI pays their beta testers...

It's the first one is the one I remember, though they are all very interesting, strange things.

As for beta testing... that's why there's always a version 1.1.  You're never going to catch all the bugs.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,559 Views)

When were the arrows introduced? 2013 if I recall correctly...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,555 Views)

@X. wrote:

When were the arrows introduced? 2013 if I recall correctly...

They spent a lot of time making the new icon.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,545 Views)

All this would be mostly irrelevant if we had shift register labels...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,528 Views)

@X. wrote:

All this would be mostly irrelevant if we had shift register labels...

If I have a constant attached to the shift register, that is labeled (which has the nice side effect of having that property transferred to the wire, making it extremely easy to follow it around).  Also, the wire that is attached on the inside is labeled for me, too.  So, in my case at least, I don't worry about free label arrows attaching to shift registers.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,489 Views)

I am referring to uninitialized shift-register, obviously. And in most of my use case, there is no space for a wire label inside the llop, as the wire goes straight into a state machine (or more generally a case structure).

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,465 Views)