LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Bug Report: Free label arrow and While Loop objects get disconnected when the diagram is resized

@X. wrote:

I am referring to uninitialized shift-register, obviously. And in most of my use case, there is no space for a wire label inside the llop, as the wire goes straight into a state machine (or more generally a case structure).

I allowed for unintitialized shift registers when I mentioned labeling the wires - obviously.  And we have different coding styles, which is why I specifically mentioned that in my case, I don't worry about attaching labels to my shift registers.

I think it's just a matter of preference.  I prefer my labels inside the loop.  Your preference is outside the loop.  I can see why, too.  It saves horizontal space because it cuts out one area where you have labels.  Still, wherever possible, I like to have my wires identifiable simply by mousing over them.  (Admittedly, my wire label strategy doesn't work with pre- "wire labels as property" LabVIEW versions.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(662 Views)