LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 8.6 & XP SP3 Wireless LAN

Hello all,

I've created a LabVIEW 8.6 program to test UUT (Unit Under Test) WiFi adapters we manufacture ... it handles the serial and TCP/IP communications. The problem is that the test operator needs to have the LabVIEW program and the Windows XP WiFi configuration program running. The UUT is powered up, a PC WiFi site survey is done, the WiFi profile is made, the LabVIEW test is executed, then the WiFi profile is deleted.

The WiFi profile name can be read serially from the UUT.

I'm looking for a programmatic way for LabVIEW to handle the XP Wireless LAN actions (wlanapi.dll calls?) ... has anyone run into this kind of problem before, or is there a .vi library available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,190 Views)

Hi, If you know how the library works you can use the Call Library Function Node and make calls directly to the wlanapi.dll in LabVIEW. This tutorial will provide reference regarding how is configured.

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,172 Views)

Hi Alejandro,

I've used the Call Library Function Node before, but I don't know if the wlanapi.dll is the correct library, what functions to call, what function sequences are needed, or the constructs of the library variables.

I've skimmed through various Windows SDK packs, but it's all very confusing to me. I was thinking that someone has already run across this issue and would be able to provide guidance in this case. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,131 Views)