LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 8.6 Runtime and MAX installation

Can I install the LabVIEW 8.6 runtime engine and MAX on any computer without violating the license agreement for a single seat developer package? When I install this on a lab machine running XP and I go to launch MAX from the installed desktop icon,  it does nothing... What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Keith
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,290 Views)
How are you installing MAX? When you say you try to launch MAX from the icon and nothing happens, do you mean MAX fails to launch? If so then it probably means the install wasn't successful. The runtime engine can be installed without any licensing issues, has to be to run LabVIEW created exe's (the creation of which requires the Professional development package). But exe's can be distributed to machines with the runtime engine installed, without getting licenses for the installation.
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,258 Views)
I installed Max from the install DVD that came with our developer software. It appeared to install fine, and I had already had installed the LV runtime prior to installing MAX. When I click on the desktop MAX icon nothing happens... no error - nothing. Weird huh?? I am going to fiddely more with it today. But MAX needs to be installed along with the LV runtime to run .exe files that are going to use some communications interface on the PC correct??? Thanks, Keith
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,241 Views)

KC

You can try installing MAX from a download, MAX is included in many NI drivers, of which the smallest of which is the NI VISA driver. You can download and install VISA and it will automatically install the most update version of MAX as wellThe VISA driver, MAX, and the runtime engine are total free and you can install them on any computer without any licenses.

Hunter

Message Edited by Huter on 02-23-2009 01:03 PM
Message 4 of 4
(4,227 Views)