From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 8.6.1 crashes when copying a linked tunnel.

If you make a linked tunnel and then try to copy it with a ctrl drag operation, LabVIEW will crash.  See attached VI.
-John
------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,880 Views)

Yes, this looks like a bug....

I reported it here for reference.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,873 Views)
Yep, I recreated it and it has been filed. CAR 168930.
Jeff | LabVIEW Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,849 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Please compare that bug with CAR# "163173" that I believe I reported. THe description was "Copy Shift Registers, Terminals, and Wires causes crash".

Same or different?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 10
(2,846 Views)

Hmm, interesting, Ben. To recreate the issue above, I did select the tunnels, shift registers, and wires like your CAR states. With the VI posted here, that works with the Linked Tunnels but not with the regular tunnels. Have you tried the attached VI above, Ben?

What are you guys selecting to cause the original crash in this thread?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,842 Views)

JeffL wrote:

Hmm, interesting, Ben. To recreate the issue above, I did select the tunnels, shift registers, and wires like your CAR states. With the VI posted here, that works with the Linked Tunnels but not with the regular tunnels. Have you tried the attached VI above, Ben?

What are you guys selecting to cause the original crash in this thread?

No, I have a real job. Smiley Wink

I posted the example to the AE I was working with, got him to recreate the crash and my final words where "Hint, I have linked those tunnels.".

Take care,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,836 Views)

Haha, fair enough.

Yeah, they might be related. I have made note of the new CAR in the old.

Can you guys above point out what exactly you're copying to cause the crash?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,832 Views)
I think the key thing to copy is the linked tunnel.  I came across this while building up a state machine framework and was trying out the new linked tunnel feature.  If you don't link the tunnels, they copy fine.
-John
------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,822 Views)

JeffL wrote:

Can you guys above point out what exactly you're copying to cause the crash?

• Select linked tunnel and ctrl+drag: we get the + cursor, but nothing actually happens. No copy, no crash.
  • Same if we select and lined tunnels and the SR. No copy, no crash.
  • Same if we select the linked tunnels, the SR, and the boolean diagram constant and do a ctrl+drag. No copy, no crash.
  • If we select the linked tunnel, the SR, and the wires connecting them and do a ctrl+drag, we get the crash.

There are of course many more combinations, but the above is what I tried.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,805 Views)

For those tracking CAR numbers, I've closed CAR 168930 as duplicate of 163173 and updated the active CAR to explicitly state Linked Tunnels.

Roy

Message 10 of 10
(2,789 Views)