LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 8.5 Executable on Windows System 7 64-bit

This is exactly what I said; please note that I was not asking, but complaining 😉 about licence policies (in this case the requirement to be always online for development) which make the live of paying customers (I think I have various licences from 4.0 to 2014) more difficult (so that I have to do the development on a different computer, because the production computer should not be connected to the internet), but probably do not impress software pirates at all.

Sorry for the many ().

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(781 Views)
Why do you think an internet connection is required and how is your hardware broken?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(767 Views)

Because it is written on the cover of the Installation CD which I got from our IT department - I however have to admit this is a site licence, and the cover does not look original. Therefore I decided not to install the new software on a new computer with Win7, but to continue with the old computer, Labview 8.5.1 and Windows XP. The hardware is not broken, but outdated and slow.

If really no internet connection is needed for development (during installation this is certainly ok), I appologize a lot. I will try the installation and see how it behaves the day after tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(750 Views)

Well, site licenses do mean that there is normally a license manager centrally in the INTERNAL company network that gets contacted by LabVIEW to checkout and checkin one license on start and shutdown. This is not an internet connection but a connection to the local network of your company or institution.

And an executable does not need a license, except possibly the NI-IMAQ Toolkit and some other Toolkits which do require a valid license to be installed but that is usually done with static licenses, not floating network licenses.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(737 Views)